IMDB Assimilation

Tools    

Posters like you are a dime a dozen and you're nothing special.
Same goes for you. Keep fighting with people - we'll prove it.

I'm wimpy because I confronted you?
No, because you did it behind a veil. Veils are for wimps, right? You said it yourself--putting people on ignore is wimpy. Ignore feature is a veil.

What--you don't agree with my assessment? Well, guess what--I don't agree with yours either. See how that works?

No, because you did it behind a veil. Veils are for wimps, right? You said it yourself--putting people on ignore is wimpy. Ignore feature is a veil.
What do you mean I was veiled? It's not like I messaged you under one of my alt accounts.

He's baiting dt. Don't let h drag you in. It entertains him.
Yeah, this one's a bore--a vanilla as they come in terms of trolls.

Yeah, this one's a bore--a vanilla as they come in terms of trolls.
Well, you should unblock Miss Vicky. She'll show you some other flavors besides vanilla. What's the matter? Afraid?

Yeah, one of two things is going to happen: either people can go back to having semi-civil conversations about the IMDB assimilation stuff (which means, hey, critique all you want, but lay off the name calling: it adds nothing), or I can close the thread. Either's fine with me, but it's gotta be one of 'em.

For once I'm staying out of it, but this needs to be said because it's important and you should all know. Sexy is pretty damn special to me.

You guys are proof why IMDB.com closed its message boards.
And you're proof of why eating paint chips as a kid is never a good thing.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Oh, give me a break. I was doing nothing to you, but you wanted that "Get on TONGO's Ignore List" thread removed, so I PM'ed you and explained why I made it. You were immediately nasty with me. "Excuse me, but I didn't ask to receive a private message from you, I don't care what you have to say!"

I don't believe for a second that you're not here to fight with us. You absolutely are.

You're a nobody here with no deep references of MoFo history, and you're walking around like you know it all. Think again. Or get lost.
SC, he is not here to fight anyone [that I can - and willingly will - put my hand over hot coals]

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I had a very interesting conversation with Yoda over a few days about culture clash on the net as in the real world. Out at the moment but will post more when back at temperamental keyboard. Gave us both a lot if food for thought on assimilation difficulties when people first arrive in a new country

Did anyone ever tell you you're not funny? If not, I'll be the first (which I doubt): you're not funny.
Strangely enough, the post of his you quoted got a lol from the person he was directing it at, a person he's known for years.

OK, I'll say it again--I'm not here to fight with you people. Every single instance began with one of you starting it. You don't want a fight with me? Don't mess with me. Don't want a fight with me? Don't mess with my friends. Pretty simple.

And yeah--I think I've got you pretty much figured out. Posters like you are a dime a dozen and you're nothing special.
Not close.

This post, the one you're reading (whoever you are), is the cutoff point: please, no more personal insults or name calling.

Feel free to disagree, criticize, etc. I've given everyone more latitude than usual because emotions are probably running a little high, almost everyone is getting and giving it, and this is an unusual situation, but the last few pages are a bit too far. So let's get back to civil disagreement, please, so I can avoid closing this thread. Thank you.

See, this what I refer to.

There's a lot of Innuendo going on. And is not just towards IMDB people. It's an in-house staple. A "culture" if you will [for lack of better terminology] and it shows.

It's not a good thing at all.

Yeah, one of two things is going to happen: either people can go back to having semi-civil conversations about the IMDB assimilation stuff (which means, hey, critique all you want, but lay off the name calling: it adds nothing), or I can close the thread. Either's fine with me, but it's gotta be one of 'em.
You know what? I'm going to stop arguing with them--the originator of this thread shouldn't have to suffer a loss because of our arguments.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
See, this what I refer to.

There's a lot of Innuendo going on. And is not just towards IMDB people. It's an in-house staple. A "culture" if you will [for lack of better terminology] and it shows.

It's not a good thing at all.
We're very tongue in cheek, I'd take a lot of what we say with a pinch of salt.

We're very tongue in cheek, I'd take a lot of what we say with a pinch of salt.
I believe you, but put yourself in the POV of a newcomer. We have no way of knowing it and need to take things at face value.

Addenda:

I also believe a lot which is said is actually meant. And if it isn't explicitly it is implicitly.

Yea you know how friends or co-workers might tell each other to go f**k themselves, but it's in a good natured way? A lot of us are like that here. Maybe some of us should be more sensitive towards newer members until a relationship is built and we understand each other's boundaries, sure, but those newer members should never butt into other member's exchanges and take offense when it's just friends playing.