The Neo-noir Scavenge Hunt

Tools    

Nice. Holden just expanded his lead. People, don't let him get away with it!

So far, the neo-noir watchlist for anyone interested in joining the hunt...

The Naked Kiss (1964)
Le Samouraļ (1967)
Chinatown (1974)
Blade Runner (1982)
Red Rock West (1993)
Bound (1996)
Jackie Brown (1997)
Mulholland Drive (2001)
The Man Who Wasn't There (2001)
Mother (2009)
Drive (2011)

CASE #3

1. In Le Samouraļ, what is the instrument played by the main witness of the hitman's murder?
  2. In To Live and Die in L.A., what is the name of the main character's partner that only appears in the first act?
  3. In The Grifters, what is the final murder "weapon" used in the shocking climax?
  4. In Reservoir Dogs, where and how does Mr. Brown die?
  5. In L.A. Confidential, what is the make and model of the car that the cops are looking for in relation to the Night Owl murders?
  6. BONUS: What is the common link between these five films?

Each question is worth one (1) point, except the BONUS which is worth two (2) points.

At this rate, Holden will get away with this. Who's gonna catch him??

CASE #4

1. In Marlowe (1969), what is the name of the woman that hires the detective in the beginning of the film?
  2. In The Long Goodbye, what other country (aside from the US) is heavily mentioned and featured?
  3. In Farewell, My Lovely, what is the amount of the ransom Marriott is supposed to pay for the jade necklace?
  4. In The Big Sleep (1978), who poisons Harry Jones?
  5. In Marlowe (2022), what is the name of the heiress that hires the detective in the beginning of the film?
  6. BONUS: All of the above are based on Philip Marlowe novels, most of them going by the same name. The exception are the first and the last. In what novels are both of those Marlowe films based on?

Each question is worth one (1) point, except the BONUS which is worth two (2) points.

This was more or less a bust, but if anyone wants to take a crack at these "cases" before we wrap things up and the countdown starts, be my guest!