Name this movie: A girl jumping into a pool on a horse

Tools    

True, I'm lucky though. My favorite as a wee one still brings me joy. Journey to the center of the Earth. What a classic. But then again, Batman was my favorite television show, I would attest to the excellent acting and special effects back then. Who knew.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

So you're telling me if i were to watch 'doctor who' today, i'd be shocked an apalled to ever have bragged at having met tom baker as a child? my world is crumbling right before my eyes.

but yeh, dont be too dissapointed, i'm still getting shocked when i go back and view some of the stuff i loved when i was 18, let alone 10...

Man, I love this movie!!! It brings me to tears every time. A great story. Ok, a bit sappy, and nothing earthshattering, but that's fine. One of my all-time favorite guilty pleasures. Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken is a great rental if nothing else(yes, I own it. Sue me.), and quite a diversion for Steve Miner, best known for his cheesy B-movie horror flicks(Warlock, Lake Placid, and I think a Friday the 13th or two). We all got to make rent somehow I guess. Anyway, go see and enjoy.

I can't believe an idea like this... a girls jumps into a pool ON A HORSE?! I also find that poster hilarious. Somebody - buy it for me.

It looks even funnier than that scene in Shallow Hal where the enormous Gweneth Paltrow dives into the soon-to-be-waterless pool.

I can connect with all of my favorite movies from childhood -- but that's just me. I also didn't watch anything boring.

I'm gonna jump into a pool on an elephant now. I hear Dumbina calling me.

The stunt of diving from a high platform on horseback into shallow water was fairly common at carnivals and such in late 19th and early 20th Century America. They didn't exactly make it up for this movie - which again, is based on a true story.

Obviously as animal rights became more mainstream, such unnecessary and perilous activites were halted many moons ago. Though not as many moons as you may think....

It was the late 1980s before the last two diving horses were "rescued" from a show on the Atlantic City, NJ pier.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I just never thought a horse could swim.... did Mr. Ed ever have to suffer through this?

I don't see what high diving has to do with swimming, but you really didn't know horses can swim?!? Haven't you ever seen a Western where they cross a river, or read Misty of Chincoteague? Surely this Newbery Award winning book isn't just read by children who live near the Chesapeake basin?

I'm so glad I can give some rudimentary equine education to y'all.

It was beauty killed the beast.
Originally posted by Holden Pike
I don't see what high diving has to do with swimming, but you really didn't know horses can swim?!? Haven't you ever seen a Western where they cross a river, or read Misty of Chincoteague? Surely this Newbery Award winning book isn't just read by children who live near the Chesapeake basin?
Heck, Kong lives by the bay and hasn't even read it. When Kong was a wee ape his parents took him up to Chincoteague to seee the horses their. Kong doesn't remember it to well though.

My sister used to have that book.... I think I tried reading it one time as a youngin'.

What other animals can swim? (Wait... don't answer that. You'll say obvious answers like dogs, alligators, humans, and crocodiles.)

Oh, and sharks.

Elephants, for one. Remember that soda commercial from a few years back? I nearly ***** my pants the first time I saw a rattlesnake swim by and then climb a nearby tree on shore. Aaaaah, beautiful Louisiana!

Most animals can swim. Pet rocks have a tough go at it, and sloths would rather drown than exert the energy, but since there are bodies of water over most of our globe, doesn't it make sense that most species would learn how to deal with it?

Hey, why not take a biology class?

Been there, done that, passed with a B average. But it's been awhile. I actually do have a biology book on me, though....

wow, i didn't think that it would last for so long i mean the topic.

about the movies i love some movies from my childhood, like back to future or American Tale ( i still love it, and i think it's a classic)

and i have to check with the collection, nothing comes to my mind...

...and i also kinda lost my thought...

... about horses i love horses and i think that what interested me in the movie in the first place...

i'm kinda with animal rights, but also i think that if the horse is trained properly then nothing will heppen...

its the same when the Russian Circus on ice came to town and the animal rigths were all over them, saying letting the bears go on the freedom, but what they don't understand is that if they'll let bears go the'll die like within a week...
they totally not used to live outside, and get there own food...what are they going to perform for other bears so they get them food? stupid it think, i think animal rights should go where people killing tigers and other exotic animals that are very close of being extict..
and i found the story in the movie unique, still

if they could change a few things in it the movie would turn out much better...i think

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally posted by foxyladyk
its the same when the Russian Circus on ice came to town and the animal rigths were all over them, saying letting the bears go on the freedom, but what they don't understand is that if they'll let bears go the'll die like within a week...
they totally not used to live outside, and get there own food...what are they going to perform for other bears so they get them food? stupid it think,
Why is this quote making me laugh so hard??

Damn, foxyladyk! You post some of the weirdest posts on here!

Horses are excellent swimmers, aren't they?? You know what animal that doesn't swim very well? The lemming.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

i'm glad i make u laugh

yes i heard about lemming...

what's wrong with my posts?
just wondering :P

about the movies i love some movies from my childhood, like back to future or American Tale ( i still love it, and i think it's a classic)
I think An American Tail was the first movie I saw in the theatres.... either that or Little Shop of Horrors. I still like "Horrors", but "American Tail" is beyond me.

I am having a nervous breakdance
i'm glad i make u laugh

yes i heard about lemming...

what's wrong with my posts?
just wondering :P
No! There's nothing wrong with them! Not at all! I just thought the russian ice circus tale was so weird and funny, that's all.

Hell, I'm glad you make me laugh too!

i can't remember what was the first movie i saw in theatres.

i know for sure it was some scary or sci-fi movie. not a cartoon.
and it was defenetly when i moved here, yeah i think thats it...

ohh man..now im gonna think what was my 1st movie, im gonna go nuts............its bugging me now

Originally Posted by foxyladyk
Does anyone remeber the name of the movie, where the girl wanted to become a star by jumping from different heights into the pool with a horse. and the she had an accident and became blind. kinda based on true story.
i was so sure that Harvey Keitel in it, but on imdb couldn't find anything. its pretty old movie. thanks a lot.
"-True story based on the life of Sonora Carver Webster. excellent movie. Her book (out of publish) is "A girl and 5 brave horses" the movie is "Wild hearts cant be broken"