Can You Name It?

Tools    

Hmmmm? Oh yeah, check out my signature for the answer to my last one: it's In A Lonely Place, starring Bogie and Gloria Grahame - who was married to the director, Nicholas Ray. Great flick.

New one:

______ headlines an all-star cast in this '50s look at the power struggles in a company, all brought to the fore after the C.E.O. is hit by a car and killed in the opening minutes. This leads the various department heads to try and gain control, culminating in a board meeting where they lay out their philosophies and go for the allegiances of the others.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

the person above me has a brain bursting with movie info

DAMN!!! wrong thread

OK, let's see if somebody can simply look the answer up if I fill in the blank:

_William Holden_ headlines an all-star cast in this '50s look at the power struggles in a company...

I am having a nervous breakdance
"Executive Suite" (1954)

This one's easy...

A man has just taken a job working for Mussollini and is courting a beautiful young woman because he wants to be "normal". The man goes to Paris on his honeymoon and his bosses have an assignment for him there: Look up and kill his old professor.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Bertolucci's The Conformist.

In this late '80s comedy, a Miami cab driver who secretly records passengers' conversations for kicks overhears that a horserace running the next day has been essentially fixed. When his cabdriving buddy, played by ______ hears this, he wants to rush to the track and place a bet. Problem is, he's a degenerate gambler and has just promised his wife he won't make anymore bets. Could this be his lucky day? He could be walking around lucky and not even know it.

The degenerate gambler was played by Ricky Dreyfuss, and the movie is a very underrated (and apparently underseen) comedy called Let it Ride (1989).

How about this then?...

______ plays a corrupt and of course fake faith healer who travels in an elaborate mini-carnival unto himself. After their bus breaks down in a small Southern town, his chief co-conspirator, played by ______, begins falling for the local sheriff, played by Irish actor ______ - doing a credible regional accent. The film was released in the early '90s.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Local hotelier Sidney Fiddler persuades the Mayor to help improve the image ...

starring June Whitfield and Barbara Windsor (amongst others) this was made in the 1970's..........

I See You When You're Sleeping
Made in the eighties it's a crazy kind of futuristic thriller with ____ as a femme-fatale robotic killer on the loose.