Many are fairly cheesy, but they all had some positive aspects which I resonated with.

My Favourite Films

Sociatal Emergency: Pelham 123, Unstoppable, Crimson Tide, Déjà Vu, Speed, Outbreak & Independence Day .

Crime: Heat, God's Pocket, The Judge, Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch, Capote, Trainspotting, Warriors, Doomsdays & reservoir dogs.

Future: Children of men, Melancholia & The Martian.

Sci-fi: Blade Runner 1 & 2, Annihilation, Sunshine, 12 Monkeys, District 9, Arrival, The Island, WALL-E, Source code & Safety Not Guaranteed.

Fantasy: Another Earth, Matrix, Rogue One, Lord of the Rings, Guardians of the Galaxy, Colossal, The Village, Blade & Daybreakers.

Psychedelic: Inherent Vice, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas & Naked Lunch.

Social Justice: Born in Flames, Slaves to the Underground, Thelma and Louise, Mysterious Skin, Blackkklansman, The Great Debaters & Shortbus.

War: Hurricane, The Motorcycle Diaries, Dog Day Afternoon, Reds, No, Land and Freedom, The wind that shakes the barley, Michael Collins, Che, Hunger, Stalingrad, Anthropoid, Land of Mine, Alone in Berlin, Bridge of Spies, The Promise, Django & Gladiator.

True Story: Green Book, The Butler, Temple Grandin, Ray, Almost Famous, Tomboy, Last King of Scotland, Man on the Moon, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood & Moneyball.

Western: True Grit, Deadman, 13 Assassins, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid, Jesse James, Revenant & Once Upon a Time in The West.

Drama: Francis Ha, Suzanne, Oh Brother Where Art Thou, Waking Ned & Twin Town.

Comedy: Blues Brothers, Perriers Bounty, Bruster’s Millionaire, Trainspotting, Mean machine, Airplane!, I Love You Philip Morris, Fritz the Cat, Burn After Reading & Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.

Mystery: Brick (2005), Shutter Island, The Brothers Bloom, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang , Buster's Mal Heart & The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

International: Shadow Dancer, Once upon a time in Antolia, Live and Become, The Isle (2000), War Lords, House of Flying Daggers, The Guard & Calvary.

Romantic: The Science of Sleep, Beginners, The Loneliest Planet, Last Cab to Darwin, About Time, Chasing Amy, City Lights, Walk all over me, Blue is the Warmest Color, Apres Vous, Normal, Juno, Submarine, Garden State, Blue Valentine, Ain’t Them Bodies Saints, It’s a Wonderful Life, Drive, Vanilla Sky, 500 Days of Summer, Cold Mountain, After Sex & Australia.

Growing up: Captain Fantastic, Teenage, The Singing City, Mud, The Place Beyond the Pines, To Kill A Mockingbird, Stand By Me, Hope and Glory, Sleepers, Fox and the Hound, Terminator 2, We are the Best, The Dark Crystal, Princess Mononoca, Gladiator, Attack the Block, Meantime, La Haine, The Scouting Book for Boys, Sugar Cane Alley, Moonrise Kingdom, Brother Bear, Little Miss Sunshine & A Monster Calls.

Documentary: Normal (Nick Mai), 24 hours on craigslist, Craigslist Joe, N!ai The Story of a !Kung Woman, Adwa – An African Victory, Morning Dew, Coconut Revolution, Sons of the Clouds, Surfing Soweto, Attenborough, Jim and Andy, History of Comedy, Following Sean, Filth and the Fury & Best of Enemies.