MoFo Health Thread

Tools    

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
A stationary bike is easily the fastest way to lose weight. So much faster than aerobics & walking but also so much more merciful on your heels and joints. The best low-impact form of losing weight, no competition.

I can burn 1,000 calories a day no problem. If I wanted to burn the same via walking, I'd die of heel pain.
Rowing would like a word. Full body, strength, cardio and low impact.

Rowing would like a word. Full body, strength, cardio and low impact.
Interesting column in the NYTimes yesterday that the best rehab for injured knees is cycling.

Why anyone would want to go on a stationary bicycle when they could cycle outside is beyond me. Except on bad weather days, I guess.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I just had my first pizza in almost half a year. Didn't taste bad but I remembered a better taste. It also didn't give me the 'kick' that it used to give me. Now that I'm on a deficit and only overeat once in a long while, the effects of overeating are simply filling up the deficit and (hardly) making up for the deficit of the last few months, instead of giving me some extremely big overdose of calories and other stuff that I've already had enough of. Or at least this is my largely unscientific explanation of what's happening. I guess the 'kick' would come back if I started eating pizza every week like I used to at my worst, but this is not gonna happen. Anyway, I get a similar (but not the same) kick from working out really hard. This kick only comes once in a while, not every time I work out hard, but this way of getting the kick is sooo much healthier!

The 'kick' didn't come but that nice fuzzy feeling did. It's great to watch films on that feeling but I learned to watch films without it, too. I learned to watch films without eating while watching, too. It's all just a habit and you should get rid of bad habits! Anyway, I presume this fuzzy feeling is just my blood pressure spiking. I'm afraid to measure it now. Haha. But given how much sodium a pizza has, this is probably it! Anyway, I learned to somewhat recreate this fuzzy feeling without eating. This is tricky, though. I need the right kind of movie, the right kind of tiredness, and the right kind of night-in-the-dark psychedelic screening.

Anyway, fast food just isn't that tasty after you had a long break of eating healthier stuff like quality meat and other dishes. Crepes are still as amazing as always, though. They never stop being delicious!

I had a medium pizza and I feel like I'm going to explode. I used to eat a large one and still crave more food!

All in all, a 4/10 meal. I should've ordered neck beef with baked potatoes or crepes with mascarpone and strawberries instead.

Now I have to spend at least two days pedaling for an additional 1.5 hours a day to burn this pizza. That's just f*cking great. NOT WORTH IT!!! I'm perfectly fine with not eating pizza for another 6 months!

One last note about finding something healthier/neutral that does the same thing to you, I think this is a great strategy. I know a guy who used to take drugs and then quit and suffered a lot, so he embarked on a quest to find music that makes him feel like his favorite drugs. He actually succeeded and after a long search found a few albums that give him the exact same feeling drugs did! Now, any time he craves that feeling, he just listens to the album instead of taking drugs. With time, he needed fewer and fewer of those listens, or so he claimed but still has to pop one of those albums up from time to time: eyes closed, headphones on his head, just enjoying the sounds that he craves.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.