Guaporense's top 100 favorite films

→ in
Tools    

On the outside looking in.
Well, 5 months have passed since I had written that list and since I am between jobs with a lot of free time I have watched well over 100 movies, including many well regarded classics, so now my top 100 looks considerably different from previously.

Updated top 100 list, new additions or radically changed rankings in bold:

25) Star Wars (1977) & The Empire Strikes Back (1980) - Lucas

Lucas didn't direct THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK; Irvin Kershner did. Great film though and best of the series.

Just went through the list. Really enjoyed it!

Two questions: why did Tokyo Story rise so many places, and is Citizen Kane the only Welles film you've seen? If not, why do you think of the others you've seen.

Just went through the list. Really enjoyed it!
Thanks.

Two questions: why did Tokyo Story rise so many places, and is Citizen Kane the only Welles film you've seen? If not, why do you think of the others you've seen.
I watched Tokyo Story again and in the second time the emotional experience was extremely powerful. The first time it already looked like a great movie but it was in the second time that it cracked my top 10.

I have watched other Welles films but Citizen Kane has been his only film to crack my top 100. I didn't love his other movies, like A Touch of Evil, enough to crack my top 100.