Movie recommendation for novice movie reviewer

Tools    

I watch movies on occasion and my favorite movies are Grand Budapest Hotel and The Spongebob Movie (2004)

How do I get into movies enough where I can have intelligent conversations about them. thx

-sex

There is a Monastic Order in Tibet which watches films in silence in the lotus position for eight hours a day. First, you must spend a decade there and then we can send you to the French New Wave underground where you may begin asking questions.

you know you can go to jail for that right

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
There is a Monastic Order in Tibet which watches films in silence in the lotus position for eight hours a day.
Only 8 hours a day? Normies...
How do I get into movies enough where I can have intelligent conversations about them. thx
Start watching at least 3 movies a day. See you in 5 years.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Learn to understand yourself. Learn to understand other people and other cultures. Learn to understand what you love and hate. Learn to understand nature and animals. Learn to understand your relationship to the unknowable. Learn to understand your own mortality and the eventual death of everyone you know.

Then somehow find the time to watch as many movies as humanly possible. As well as read as many books and look at as many paintings and listen to as much music as one can do while not watching movies.

Then maybe you'll have something to say about why film matters and why it's worth talking about.

In retrospect, the first/best step would've been not acting like a 4chan reject on a site you just joined, but hopefully all these fine tips will help someone else who comes along in the future.