Suggest an album/song

Tools    

I am having a nervous breakdance
Who's covering it?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Piddzilla ..............I don't know.....

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

Originally posted by Piddzilla
Nobody here that likes reggae??
Oh, I'm just getting into reggae recently. I like the obvious Bob Marley, but then I also like Peter Tosh, Jimmy Cliff, Lee Perry, Buju Banton, and Desmond Dekker. I also like the original Jamaican Ska, like The Skatalites, Toots and the Maytals, and Prince Buster.

Some Ska albums to look for:

Skatalites: Foundation Ska

Hepcat: Right on time

I See You When You're Sleeping
This may be a little off subject but you guys may be able to help. I play guitar and am looking to join a band, anyone know any good musician classifieds sites? I'm based in the uk.......

I See You When You're Sleeping
OK, I just got a couple of albums in which I strongly recommend

Cat Power - You Are Free - Folk type music, very mellow, amazing lyrics, this woman has an amazing voice! Wow, stand out tracks are Good Woman and He War, on the latter Foo Fighters/Nirvana's Dave Grohl guests as drummer.

David Bowie - Low, ok so you may know that I am already a bit of a bowie fan but I've never got around to this album and now I have. It's just fantastic! The first half of songs have haunting like lyrics reminiscent of Radiohead's OK Computer, then it just turns instrumetal, wow I've listened to this every day since I got it it. Stand out tracks Sound and Vision - you must know this song already, it's a classic! and Always Crashing in the Same Car good lyrics, great melody.........

Actually, I just saw Cat Power on Letterman last night (they show it one week delayed over here). She has a great voice, yes, and the song was good too. Don't remember what it was called though.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Just got the new White Stripes CD, Elephant, and it is just.....amazing. It's one of those CD's where every track is great, and it makes everything else out there pale in comparison. It's THE album to get right now. Jack White is seriously the best guitar player on the planet at this moment. Best track: Ball and Biscuit. Truly frightening garage blues that kicks the @ss of anything recorded in the past few years.

Also good, but to a slightly lesser degree, is The Flaming Lips, Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots. It's really trippy, almost like Pink Floyd, but the songs have ridiculous lyrics about robots and karate.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I got for good luck my black tooth.
"Can You Get to That" - Funkadelic is the best acoustic funk song out there.

"Invisible (My Song)" - Laleh. Swedish, multi-ethnical stuff. This girl writes and plays everything herself which makes her really cool. This track makes me think a bit of Kate Bush (for some reason - it's not the voice). It is really good....

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
her voice resides - bullet for my valentine

great song, grinding guitars and great vocal stylings

No fun in fundamentalism - NOFX

this song made me laugh and think but in an unexpected way with lyrics such as:

'theres no fun in bible study class
theres no fun getting f.ucked in the ass
by a priest
unless you're old and into that'

Pete Seeger- Little Boxes (Folk)
This song means a lot to me because it defines my thoughts on many students who come right out of high school and into University, then into a career.

Originally Posted by gummo
Pete Seeger- Little Boxes (Folk)
This song means a lot to me because it defines my thoughts on many students who come right out of high school and into University, then into a career.
Just wanted to note that it was actually written by Malvina Reynolds...but her voice is annoying...so stick with good old Pete's version.

Originally Posted by Strummer521
Just wanted to note that it was actually written by Malvina Reynolds...but her voice is annoying...so stick with good old Pete's version.
Was it? I didn't know that she wrote it. But anyway I like Pete's version. But it is mostly the lyrics that I like.

Originally Posted by gummo
Was it? I didn't know that she wrote it. But anyway I like Pete's version. But it is mostly the lyrics that I like.
Her lyrics are good but I find her vocals almost unlistenable.

Welcome to the human race...
The Velvet Underground & Nico ~ The Velvet Underground

One of my favourite albums ever.

Iroquois, that is a great album! I have a t-shirt of this album and some people who don't know the Velvet Underground or even Andy Warhol are like "Why do you have a banana on your shirt?" lol. I am shocked that as many people as there are don't know either.

I suggest: Royksopp, 'Melody AM' it's electronica and was my first electronica cd, now --I listen to more electronica-- you see where I'm going with this

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
OK here's some of my suggestions

Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy

Quite possible Led Zeppelin's greatest album and that's saying something. I haven't really heard a song like 'No Quarter' before or since.

The Pixies - Doolittle

The Pixies are constantly underrated yet very rarely bettered. Not just brilliant pop song but brilliant songs, period. 'Monkey Gone To Heaven' is also one of my favourite songs ever.

Pink Floyd - Darkside of the Moon

This is a must have for any music fan. Listen to it from start to finish to truly appreciate.

Nas - Illmatic

Widely regarded as the greatest hip hop album of all time for a very good reason. Superb production and tight rhymes throughout.

Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation

Deserves a mention because noise has never sounded better. Every track is brilliant, Teenage Riot is also a personal favourite of mine.

The Clash - London Calling

The Clash are real musicians who make real punk music not the sneering, juvenile songs of their rivals. The best punk album ever by the best punk band.
"You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."