Promotion For MovieForums Top 100 Horror Films

Tools    

Look in the mirror and ensure that you don't bastardize it with a reckless play for control.

As a prior host yourself, take care with your behavior.

That's my message to you.
I'm requesting less control, not more of it. I'm also requesting that a decision get made so that we can get on with the actual list.

Also, you do not get to dictate my behavior. As someone who has previously been issued what was supposed to be a permanent ban, you are in no position to tell others how they should behave.

I'm also still awaiting an answer to my question about how long it's going to be until a decision is made. As host, it's your job to give an answer to such questions.
And yet that's what you're trying to do, setting time clocks. Third day of the thread. Third day.

Why in such a rush?

People have jobs, relationships, other hobbies, etc. and shouldn't be forced to wait days on a ruling for this movie and that movie and that other movie, etc. in order for them to come up with something deemed acceptable by Nostromo87.
No kidding people have jobs. I've worked long shifts two of the last three nights, just got home, and devoted some of my free time in-between working ideas for this. Thank you for such nice words to come home to. I should have expected as much.

Miss Vicky, that people have a life is why you shouldn't be acting crazy.

My decision and its timing won't be governed by what satisfies you. Do you think you are entitled to that?

I am remaining calm, which isn't an easy thing to do with you as should be pretty plain to see.

That said, I'm hungry. Time for some breakfast.

Happy Monday Morning MovieForums!

This is kind of depressing, but it happens to a degree with pretty much every genre countdown, as has been mentioned before.

I do have one question about all this, though. For the people saying being listed as horror on IMDB or Wiki. Do they means either or both? There probably won't be much difference, but if it is to be on both then, regardless of how much it might annoy me to see things I don't consider horror on the list, that's the general consensus. Most of the films that've been argued about in this thread aren't films I'd consider horror, but if others do then they should be eligible, IMO.

I do have one problem with the list being like that, though. Do I include Jaws on my list. I really shouldn't, as I don't think of it as a horror film, but it'll probably be allowed and it's my favourite film, so to not vote for it wouldn't feel right. See! That's a real problem. Not like this is it a horror or not bollocks.

Lastly, whilst reading this thread something occurred to me. We haven't had a Thrillers list. Maybe that should be the next list we do? Then we can argue as to whether Silence Of The Lambs is a thriller (hint: It is) or not be allowed because it's a horror (it's not).

I'm closing this thread for a couple of days so everyone can simmer down. We were supposed to go back and talk about putting up a formal poll, anyway, so a lot of this is a little premature.

This is not a permanent closure, it'll re-open in a bit. But it's obvious this can't be discussed reasonably right now. I'm a little skeptical it will be later, but I'd like to give it that chance.