Shrek 2

Tools    

Wooooo Hooooo........................How cool is that.....

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

at the very least this should be a fun film
the original was fantasticly done and hillarious
the continuing adventures of our favorite characters should be a riot

I didn't think the world needed the first Shrek let alone a sequel.
Yawn. Click. Delete. Bliss.

I know I am in the minority.
It doesn't bother me. I disliked the film. So sue me.

The only "decent reason" a film needs to have behind its creation is the expectation that it can be entertaining in some way...and Shrek was. If you don't like it, hey, to each their own, but the implication that Shrek is obligated to have some special reason for simply existing is a pretty silly criticism, in my mind.

EDIT: Gah. You deleted the source of my complaint.

I must become Caligari..!
Sherk was good the first 5 times i saw it.......... after that it got a boring
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

It was beauty killed the beast.
Saw the first one once, and enjoyed it well enough. (*** of ****)

Hopefully Kong will be able to say the same for the 2nd one.

Gah. You deleted the source of my complaint.
I opened the thread and only the top post was showing. So I reposted my initial reply as best I could remember it, and then when I posted, there were the first three replies again.

I hope this comes close to the quality of the first film. I'm definitely going to see this one.

anyone know when the first trailer is supposed to come out?

My brother at Dreamworks is one of the visual effects supervisors on Shrek 2 [/brag]

I was very surprised on how good the first one was, so i'm looking forward to see the second one.

Am i the only one, or was shrek, not completely for children because i noticed that they said some stuff, that was more adult orientated? or am i just bugging?

If it was, i hope the second one keeps up the good work.

Originally Posted by megatron
Am i the only one, or was shrek, not completely for children because i noticed that they said some stuff, that was more adult orientated? or am i just bugging?
You ain't bugging, my friend. Take it from me, a Mary who knows all there is to know about bugging.

One of the reasons Shrek is so good is because it blends kid-oriented humor with adult-oriented humor--and it does that without alienating either audience, which is tricky even in the best of writing circumstances.