Two comedy heavyweights go head to head, Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis battle it out for a seat in Congress, representing their small town of Hammond.

Ferrell plays Cam Brady, a unopposed congressman who is going for his fifth term in congress. After a voicemail leaves him down in the polls, the Motch brothers see an oppotunity to take advantage of the town and finance local weirdo Marty Huggins (Zach Galifianakis) to take him on. With one million dollars behind him and crack campaign manager he goes on the aggrssive to take down Cam Brady.

First of all I will say that this is pretty predictable, there is nothing new plot wise, and you can see what is comnig ten minutes before it happens. The movie is also about politics, which isn't the most exciting thing in the world.
But this movie works because it is really funny and never takes itself seriously for one second. It is crude, offensive, and contains two comics who are both hitting top form. Will and Zach are both fantastic in their roles and the natural chemistry between the two is great. Ferrells' style of comedy seems to fit perfectly with Galifianakis oddball-ness. This makes for a great watch and plenty of laughs. I will be honest and say I was laughing through the majority of this movie, it is really funny, although the cinema I was at, a lor of the people didn't seem to get some of the jokes, and I was the only one laughing! I think there is that many jokes, set pieces and one-liners, it may be hard for everyone to pick all of them up, and maybe some of the American lines would of went over the heads of some of the British public.

If your easily offended then you want to avoid this as it pulls no punches, and some of the humor may be unsavoury for some. Some of the antics of vocabulary of Cam Brady is likely to offend, but his campaign ads are genius. If only politicians took a leaf out of his books, real life politics would be alot more interesting, and people may actually pay attention to it.

The supporting cast were also great in particular the children playing the sons of the two politicans. Marty Huggins two kids are great when confessing to bad things they have done while sitting at the dinner table.

Overall I would recommend this movie as one to watch, it is extremely funny, I would say the funniest movie I have seen at the cinema this year, but if your easily offended then you may want to avoid it.