The Avengers Assemble

→ in
Tools    

I thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

This has got to be the best super hero related movie I have ever seen by a mile. The story and the characters were awesome, and so was the 3D effects. The new dude who played the Hulk wa much better that Ed Norton and Eric Bana who played the character in the two stand alone movies, and I definately think they should consider making another movie with the actor.

Robert Downey may have stole the show though as his smart talking character was brilliant and ended with the heroics at the end, it was only right that the Hulk saved him though.

Overall, this has got me looking forward to the next Iron Man movie, and at the excited about the proposed sequel to The Avengers.

... The new dude who played the Hulk wa much better that Ed Norton and Eric Bana who played the character in the two stand alone movies, and I definately think they should consider making another movie with the actor....
I have to disagree on this. I think that the Hulk man (Mark Ruffalo) was kind of lame. All the anxiety was missing... He was the worst of the main characters I'd say.

This was a great movie otherwise.

I thought it was very over-rated! However, I did absolutely love the end action scene!
I'd have to disagree with Ruthless. The Hulk was very awesome!
Though I was abit bored during the movie until the end action scene.... Just my opinion though....

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
For me, it's a close jumbled mess between Iron Man, Dark Knight, Spiderman 2, and The Avengers for best superhero movie. It may take time to sort it out.

Better than Dark Knight rises?................

my reason being.....
My expectations for DKR was unrealistic after the TDK. IT was never gonna live up to the massive over expectations of fans and media alike.
On the other hand i dont think anyone thought Joss (Buffy) Wheldon could pull off the bringing together of one massive succesful Marvel (Iron Man) and a few boogie ones(Thor,Hawkeye and the Captain). However he did and made it enjoyable,funny and hugely entertaining.
Dont get me wrong i love the Nolan Batman series, but i think i let myself get carried away with the hype and ended up leaving the cinema feeling slightly disappointed.....
Maybe i need to dust to settle and watch them back but on first view, i felt i enjoyed Avengers more than DKR much to my own disgust.

3/10!!! No character development (apart from Hawkeye), a linear and one-dimensional plot, and a running time well in excess of 2 hours ensures that this movie won't be watched by me again. However, as a comic book fan, I'd be lying if I said that the final battle wasn't fun to watch.

My full review can be found in the thread Geeaytch's Movie Reviews. (I don't have enough posts to link to it yet.)

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
LoL

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Nice ^^^^^^

[x] watching other trailers soon

I enjoyed the film and I've never seen any of the films related to it. The only character that I knew (rather than had heard of) was The Hulk. Tom Hiddleston was easily the best in it.

Just another movie Guru
The Avengers was a fantastically well done film.

So well done, that Joss has been signed on as a consultant to the Marvel Films for the next three years.

I agree, Ruffalo was a great Banner/Hulk.

Keeping it in perspective, it wasn't a great film but it was fun and had some snappy dialogue and action. The large cast was handled pretty well, each getting their moments to shine. I'll say personally that I most enjoyed it as they were being put together but once it got to the last big battle, it dragged a bit. It was still very fun for me overall and could've been so much worse. All in all, a brisk and competent superhero movie that didn't reach too far to seem relevant or profound, but stayed mostly traditional and worked well with what it had.

This is the worst movie I have ever seen. Apart from maybe "Mega shark Vs Octopus".

There has surely not been many more pointless, boring, waste of a couple of hours on the big screen recently? It was one big bish, bash bosh of fighting and CGI. Terrible one liners, very little in the way of plot, and a gargantuan waste of money.

Staggering that so many people will pay to watch this dirge.

It is awesome, the concept of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This will be one of the most epic story lines in film history; and I think the longest? While I would have liked to see Edward Norton reprise his role as Bruce Banner, Mark Ruffalo is impossible not to like. Loved the energy between Ruffalo and Robert Downey Jr. whom I will say has completely owned the role of Tony Stark. Great acting all across. It's nice to see how comfortable everybody is in their roles. A really likable team. The special effects also are at a believable stage now, it will be interesting to see how they improve in future films. If the team from Prometheus teamed up with The Avengers team, I'm sure something great would happen.

7.8/10

Really, The Avengers is nothing epic. It works as a group superhero movie, but it's mostly rehashed cliches with no originality. There's little tension present: we all know that in the end, the heroes will defeat the bad guy. And they do, almost effortlessly, largely remaining confident to the point of smugness...

Personally I liked the Avengers. I can understand your point Andrew but even so I feel the film 'clicked' and even though what you say is quite right it made the film enjoyable in the end. Yes we know the heroes will defeat the bad guys but that's what we want and what we root for while watching (myself personally anyway).

I agree that with Uncritically Acclaimed that the Marvel Universe is incredible and made even better with the special effects. I also really enjoyed Mark Ruffalo in the role of the Hulk and would like to see a Hulk individual movie with him in.

It will be interesting to see how the Age of Ulton compares to Avengers Assemble. Obviously they are adding new characters in Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch I believe. It will also be interesting to see if Agent Phil Coulson will return. They could kill off one of the larger characters I believe and this would make for interesting viewing as we do expect the good guys to always come out on top.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Really, The Avengers is nothing epic. It works as a group superhero movie, but it's mostly rehashed cliches with no originality. There's little tension present: we all know that in the end, the heroes will defeat the bad guy. And they do, almost effortlessly, largely remaining confident to the point of smugness...
Avengers are epic when you take movie for what it is,enjoyable action movie with some humor,they done that part very good.They never wanted this movie to be some masterpiece,with epic story,plot twists etc...When Marvel created movie in witch you don't know that superheroes will win in the end?Nop they didn't but that dosen't make this movie bad,if this was thriller then it would but this is action movie with superheroes that people enjoyed for what it is.