Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

The French Connection. One of my favorites. One of Gene Hackman's best.

Edgar Allan Poe

Rewatching

Hopefully I'll get more out of it this time

Edit: in case anyone is curious I really, really liked this time.

Watched Journey Into Fear this evening. Been a few years since I've seen it. Joseph Cotten is great in it and Dolores del Río wonderful as always.

There is a local digital channel here that sometimes shows some excellent films, I think it is either owned by or aphilliated with MGM. I've 'd.v.r.'ed two films off this channel and I'm going to watch them during the weekend. One is the old classic 'On the Beach' and the other is a horror/thriller I've never heard of with a very young Jodie Foster and Martin Sheen called 'The Little Girl who lives down the Lane'. Atleast with the dvr I can zoom through commercials.

It's a bit late, but last night I randomly watched Dante's Peak, someone from work brought it in for me after I told them I had never seen it. Typical Disaster movie, with pretty good effects.

My review is here http://movie-blogger.com/content/its-gonna-blow

Youth Without Youth. Coppola
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Heinlein

WOOPA nice fun fulled night ahead, two opposite ends of the spectrum

And

I didn't like that film, even though I have a Man crush on Matt Damon..