Release Dates

Tools    

Does anyone know when Rush Hour 2, American Pie 2, or The Fast and the Furious will be released? Most release dates have been set for summer movies and now I'm waiting for these dates.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Fast and the Furious is set for a January 2nd release...I'll post the others when I find them out.

No word on Pie or Rush, but Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back is set to hit home video on 2/12 (day before my birthday...)
[Edited by spdrcr on 09-30-2001]
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

New Line Cinema is releasing Rush Hour 2 as an Infinifilm DVD in December. No 'official' date has been set, but the DVD is sweet with a ton of extras. Rush Hour 1 may also see a re-release as a Special Edition or even an Infinifilm at roughly the same time. The studio is unclear if enough features exist to support a revamped disc.

Universal has slated American Pie 2 for a late November release, although again, no 'official' date is set. The studio hasn't pushed this one very fast because of the media blist it's doing for Jurassic 3 and Mummy 2. Universal also has not stated if AP2 will be an Ultimate Edition DVD or not. IF NOT, look for a UE in March 2002.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

I don't know about anyone else, but I am tired of studios releasing dvd's multiple times. Universal seems to be the worst, with all the versions of The Mummy and American Pie they released, and how they are going to do the same thing with the sequels. It's alright for older dvd's to get re-released like Se7en but when new movies are released with a special edition or ultimate edition coming just a few months later it gets annoying and expensive.

That's just how studio's make some money. Sometimes you can sell your version you have for bout 10 bucks or so, depending on how good of condition its in.

Some more release dates to drool over:

Jurassic Park 3 - 12/11
The Princess Diaries - 12/18
Moulin Rouge - 12/18

Fast and the Furious - 1/2
Atlantis: The Lost Empire - 1/29

Originally posted by Laurie L
New Line Cinema is releasing Rush Hour 2 as an Infinifilm DVD in December. No 'official' date has been set, but the DVD is sweet with a ton of extras. Rush Hour 1 may also see a re-release as a Special Edition or even an Infinifilm at roughly the same time. The studio is unclear if enough features exist to support a revamped disc.

Universal has slated American Pie 2 for a late November release, although again, no 'official' date is set. The studio hasn't pushed this one very fast because of the media blist it's doing for Jurassic 3 and Mummy 2. Universal also has not stated if AP2 will be an Ultimate Edition DVD or not. IF NOT, look for a UE in March 2002.

Thanks for the info......I am happy u r here on MoFo to share what you know .

Saw a release date for Rush Hour 2...it's in November or December like you said Laurie. I'm gonna double check that tomorrow...and its Infinifilm.

Originally posted by spdrcr
Saw a release date for Rush Hour 2...it's in November or December like you said Laurie. I'm gonna double check that tomorrow...and its Infinifilm.
just go on dvdfile.com

or for specific dates....www.dvdmg.com

I checked DVDFile, but nothing there. I was looking at a mag that had the features the date, and what's all being released with it. It was of course my at the other place I work so when I go in today I'm gonna look at it again.

I checked DVDFile, but nothing there. I was looking at a mag that had the features the date, and what's all being released with it. It was of course my at the other place I work so when I go in today I'm gonna look at it again.
i find what i need to find ond on dvdfile.com.

try http://www.dvdmg.com for upcoming months as i mentioned. !!

that might work for you if dvdfile didnt for you.

since i go on dvd sites daily, info is found about all

releases!

just go on any dvd news site (dvdfile,digital bits,dvd review...)and they all give dvd news every day about releases. just log on. if u prefer to read the mag and wait till announce further dates than what sites do, fine.

According to the press release on dvdfile.com, Rush Hour 2 will be released on video and dvd on December 11. That's right, it will go head to head with Jurassic Park III. It will be infinifilm complete with deleted scenes, documentaries, and more.

Personally, I don't think when movies come out on video that the competition is still there that was there in the theather. So since they will be going head to head I doubt any blood will be lost.

I just bought The Blow Infiniti Film from buydvdcentral..
nice movie, but talk too much heheh
www.cdnow.com

American Pie 2 is scheduled to be released on January 15, 2002 in:
Collector's edition full frame
Collector's edition wide screen
Collector's edition full frame unrated
Collector's edition wide screen unrated

It's listed on amazon.com for $20.23

Originally posted by jpkl
I just bought The Blow Infiniti Film from buydvdcentral..
nice movie, but talk too much heheh
talk to much!?!?

Guy
Rush Hour is a great DVD, they don't need to re-release it. Since it's in a snap case and the infinifilm is a keeper, that's probably one reason why they wanna rerelease it