Movie Tab

Tools    

How was One Night at McCools? Looks tacky. Michael Douglas worse.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Oh yea, throw Mortal Kombat into the mix, watched that too.

Originally posted by Pigsnie
How was One Night at McCools? Looks tacky. Michael Douglas worse.
It was greattt!! A very, very entertaining movie. Loved the way everything flowed. Check it out, you'd probably like it. Michael Douglas was hilarious in this movie!!

bought a couple of dvds tonight...Leaving Las Vegas, Fargo, and the Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie. Just updating the collection a little on the classics, you know.

for the common stuff, ie Fargo, American Beauty, etc at either Best Buy or Circuit City. For the not-so-common stuff, foreign flicks, wherever i can find them. Usually Borders, but basically anywhere that has them.

Just started my collection at Christmas...trying to make it larger.

Where do you buy yours?

I usually buy mine at Borders after a movie or sometimes I'll head over to Suncoast in the mall to get some.

I only have like a dozen or so DVD's. Pretty weak collection. It's growing though.

Hi from Jozie:

My sis-in-law and I went to the flicks last night -- very depressed -- and saw "One Night at McCools" wierd, slightly horrible and FUNNY movie! (Of course, you have to have a slightly perverted sense of what's funny.) But I laughed like a maniac all the way through it. Really great, horrible, funny conclusion! (The S-in-L liked it too. For more on this film, see what she says in The Flick Chick at http://www.freelookbookstore.com/E-Zine.html)

We gave the Warren Beatty film a pass. He bores me! Maybe all that sniggering is fun for the sniggerers but what a yawn for the rest of us!

Love to all,

Jozie

Hello -- Jozie again. Forgot to say that I forgive Michael Douglas all his dopey previous pix. He was really great! And altho I usually don't like John Goodman he was ditto. And Paul Reiter, and of course, the Cutie, too!
Love,
Jozie

McCools aint being shown in the UK yet, but I had hopes when I saw the lovely Miss Tyler in the previews cleaning the car with her squeegee self. Oh well, maybe later. For now, the girlfriend is still in BRIDGET mode -- we have just seen the movie for the 3rd TIME !!!!

Yesterday
61*
Clueless

Today
Armageddon

In the last 24 hours I have watched:

PERDITA DURANGO (8.5/10)- hardcore comic book action

ONE DAY IN SEPTEMBER (9/10)- great documentary/thriller

LORD OF THE FLIES (remake) (8/10)- classic study of the male ego & male social interaction...depressingly real(better book)

MISERY (6.5/10)- as a lover of the book I found this film weak....not the worse King adaption though.

Hi from Jozie --

"the lovely Miss Tyler in the previews cleaning the car with her squeegee self." Honestly! Guys! When you see the flick you'll blush for that!

Love to all,

J

Real men do not blush. They cringe and their ears may turn a little red, but they do not blush.

Want to see how certain Englishmen defend their manhood? Watch the fight scene between Firth & Grant in BRIDGET JONES. This is the over-educated Brit's idea of a barroom brawl. They even pull hair & kick.