Television Tab

Tools    

Decided to give series 1 a try after noticing all the series up on Amazon prime. Stayed away from it for years because I wasn't a fan of the British series but actually ended up really enjoying the American version and love Steve Carell in it.

Decided to give series 1 a try after noticing all the series up on Amazon prime. Stayed away from it for years because I wasn't a fan of the British series but actually ended up really enjoying the American version and love Steve Carell in it.

I loved the original so much I never could watch this version.

Tuned in to watch this years Eurovision. Israel, despite all the people 'boycotting' and protesting received nearly 400 points. More than the UK, who got about 46 points and zero points from the audience voting.

Just finished up the seven episode run of Bodkin on Netflix. It caught my eye because Will Forte was in it and I hadn't really seen him in anything since The Last Man On Earth was canceled abruptly. But he actually doesn't star in it. He gets a "and Will Forte" with a fourth billing which makes sense since he's basically a supporting character. The real star is Siobhán Cullen as Dove Maloney, followed by Robyn Cara as Emmy Sizergh and David Wilmot as Seamus Gallagher. It's about podcaster Gilbert Power (Forte) who journeys to the Irish coastal town of Bodkin to research the disappearance of three people during the Samhain festival 25 years before.

Cullen plays an investigative journalist from Dublin who's trying to distance herself from her own indiscretions. Cara is Gilbert's assistant and an aspiring journalist and Wilmot has the meatiest role as a fisherman with lots and lots of things to hide. I loved him in The Guard where he played the self described "sociopath not a psychopath" Liam O'Leary. It starts out well enough then gets better and draws you in. But then it goes on a little too long and the ending sort of sputters and fizzles. It's still worth a watch though.

Tuned in to watch this years Eurovision. Israel, despite all the people 'boycotting' and protesting received nearly 400 points. More than the UK, who got about 46 points and zero points from the audience voting.

Still can’t believe this actually still exists.