Liam Neesons as Philip Marlowe

Tools    

It came out today that Liam Neeson(s) was cast as Philip Marlowe in an adaptation of The Black-Eyed Blond. Honestly, I'm on the fence about Neesons playing Marlowe. How does everyone else feel?

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/03/...ck-eyed-blonde

It came out today that Liam Neeson(s) was cast as Philip Marlowe in an adaptation of The Black-Eyed Blond. Honestly, I'm on the fence about Neesons playing Marlowe. How does everyone else feel?

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/03/...ck-eyed-blonde
I'll have to ask my Dad – he loves his Raymond Chandler . Neeson doesn't sound that good – Clive Owen was the last actor I heard was connected with the character and that worked better for me.

Chief cook and bottlewasher
I'll have to ask my Dad – he loves his Raymond Chandler . Neeson doesn't sound that good – Clive Owen was the last actor I heard was connected with the character and that worked better for me.
Ooo...Clive Owen.

I'd third Clive Owen as Phillip Marlowe. I remember when those rumors were circulating.
I think I'm right in saying that Dick Powell is my Dad's favourite – I also got him an audiobook with Ed Bishop, knowing that Bishop's voice was likely to be a great match for the character – he thought so too. Apparently my Grandad thought Powers Boothe was perfect. Favourites eh ?

I think I'm right in saying that Dick Powell is my Dad's favourite – I also got him an audiobook with Ed Bishop, knowing that Bishop's voice was likely to be a great match for the character – he thought so too. Apparently my Grandad thought Powers Boothe was perfect. Favourites eh ?
Damn! I didn't even realize that Powers Boothe played Marlowe. That's got to be a threatening as hell private detective!

My favorite would be Bogart, followed by Elliot Gould's "fish out of water" Marlowe.

Damn! I didn't even realize that Powers Boothe played Marlowe. That's got to be a threatening as hell private detective!

My favorite would be Bogart, followed by Elliot Gould's "fish out of water" Marlowe.
I'm wondering how tall Marlowe is supposed to be. Again, I'll be running it past the old man.

I've read a few of Chandler's novels, I think he's on the tall side. I'd say around 6ft.
Is he? My Dad couldn't remember his height being mentioned – I've just told him about Neeson's casting and he went "Oh God" (and he likes Neeson but can't see him doing the laconic attitude of Marlowe). Weirdly, he was telling me about the book The Black-Eyed Blonde yesterday.

Is he? My Dad couldn't remember his height being mentioned – I've just told him about Neeson's casting and he went "Oh God" (and he likes Neeson but can't see him doing the laconic attitude of Marlowe). Weirdly, he was telling me about the book The Black-Eyed Blonde yesterday.
I don't think a specific height was ever given, just the way a description is formed after some of the novels left me with the impression that he's slightly above average height (whatever that is today).

I don't think a specific height was ever given, just the way a description is formed after some of the novels left me with the impression that he's slightly above average height (whatever that is today).
Got you .