The Sh*t List!

Tools    

Why are you laughing?

My livlihood is based entirely on the sale and purchase of large quantities of illegal substances.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally posted by TWTCommish
Why can't you just use miles? Some of us are just used to it, man. Technical superiority isn't everything...if it were, we'd all be using DVORAK keyboards.
You know the US is one of the few remaining places in the world that doesn't use the metric system as a whole, and even know we are being taught to use it. Maybe you should go to school Chris!

We're also one of the few remaining countries that puts the day infront of the month when writing a date. Like 6/3/02, pretty much the rest of the world does it 3/6/02.

Originally posted by OG-
You know the US is one of the few remaining places in the world that doesn't use the metric system as a whole, and even know we are being taught to use it. Maybe you should go to school Chris!

We're also one of the few remaining countries that puts the day infront of the month when writing a date. Like 6/3/02, pretty much the rest of the world does it 3/6/02.
Yes, I am/was fully aware that we're in the minority there. And, as shocking as it may be, I even learned about the metric system years and years ago (yes, even at home...honestly, I don't get this odd sentiment that I'm apparently cut off from reality and common knowledge)...I wasn't making an argument against it in the least...just saying that I don't think it's ridiculous or unreasonable for people like myself to use different unites of measure that we're currently more comfortable with.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
what's the metric system

i thought the US put the month in front of day?

we do it the DD/MM/YY and when I used to code it was driving me nuts when it would switch round to MM/DD/YY

grrr

a$$ is donkey

i hate it when the word fanny is used as bum.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally posted by TWTCommish

(yes, even at home...honestly, I don't get this odd sentiment that I'm apparently cut off from reality and common knowledge)
I was just kiddning.......simma down now.....

Anyone would thing you were home schooled, or somethin'.....

You know I'm kiddin', Boss.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Ooooooooooooh I had a good one to put on here, but I forgot it. Twas a very good one.

Oh wait, I remember...

People that mess with your webpage even though they don't know WHAT they're doing.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by OG-
I was just kiddning.......simma down now.....
I hate hate hate that sketch.

People that mess with your webpage even though they don't know WHAT they're doing.
I feel your pain.

Now With Moveable Parts
I've got some thoughts about how age effects driving! Personally, I have no quips or qualms about the youngins. I had this little bitch tailgating me the other day, in a lowered down Honda hatchback( you know you're cool when you're driving around with a G'd out hatchback!) and she was flashing me her brights...suggesting I move over to the slow lane. I was going a cool 70 mph. mind you, no cause for me to go faster OR get over so she could speed around me. So I just did what any normal gal in that situation would do...I caught up to a car in the slow lane and then maintained a whopping 45. That little blonde bitch was lovin' every minute of it, too. *kisses doll!*

So it's not the youngsters...I can deal with their punk @sses. It's the walking dead that piss me off!

You've seen 'em. Little blue-haired bunnies that can barely see over the steering wheel that they are gripping so tight their knuckels are turning white.

Old people scare the crap out of me when they're on the road. Their reflexes are like eons too late and they NEVER look where they're going. They back out of parking spaces without turning around! They drive these HUGE cars that they can't manuever. I tell ya, when I'm an old mummified monkey skeleton...I'll be taking the bus.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Yeah, that's one thing I don't understand.

Why do old people buy these huge a*s cars they can't drive? If you want to be comfortable when you're driving, put a couple pillows in there.

...because they want to feel safe and protected......and imagine *i'll play devils advocate for once*, imagine if you will, being old and slow in a young and fast world where you are disrespected, and sped around everywhere you go, from walking in the grocery store to driving on the roads. everyone just wants to run you down........certainly not open a door for you or let you go first.

i can't imagine them hopping on a public bus either...not after having had the freedom and luxury of driving their own car, and having their space.......gotta give all that up to wait in the cold for a bus??? and sit with a bunch of strangers...many of them probably young and possibly rowdy??? that would scare away lots of old people unless they're used to public transportation.
i see a lot of old people calling cabs around here, but that could add up. $$$$

ofcourse maybe they are oblivious to all that stuff, but i doubt it. i speed around them too, and curse to myself from my car.."get off the road if you can't handle it!"..etc. etc.

i don't look forward to being a blue hair......not unless the world will be kinder to it's aged than it seems to be now.

seinfeld does some funny stuff about old people driving......not looking when they back up and leaving their directional on.--------"the eventual right".

"The state flag of Florida should just be a steering wheel with a hat and two knuckles on it..."

"They drove slow, they sit low."

"You see a car drive past and you're like "There's no one in that car!! That is a completely empty car!!""

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by patti
[B...not after having had the freedom and luxury of driving their own car, and having their space.......gotta give all that up to wait in the cold for a bus??? and sit with a bunch of strangers...many of them probably young and possibly rowdy??? [/b]
Oh! Give me just a small break! The oldies I'm talkin' about are like BLIND AS BATS! They are a danger! I saw this bag of bones actually roll right into the car ahead of it in the drive through at McDonalds! The woman had to be like 101! It's just not right. When my parents are too old to drive, I'd rather take the responsibility to shuttle them around, than worry about them crashing into people.

oh yeauh? oh yeauh? ya' wanna take it to the jello ring sistah?

nah, sadie, i was talking about why lots of old people probably fight relinquising their vehicle...it's an admission that they are old...too old to drive a car safely in a young fast world.....even in a slow world.....I AGREE they ARE A DANGER and they piss me off as much as the next guy....i was just supposing how they might feel.

not many children of aged parents are gonna offer to shuttle them around--my grandma is 85 and probably the most critical person you'd ever NOT WANT to be stuck sitting in the car with while you shuttle her to her hair appointments, the bank, the doctor, the dentist, the grocery store, the vet for her ancient cat.....etc. etc.

but i'm still not saying they belong on the road......i'm juist talking about some of the other aspects of old people and driving.

just talkin'!!! k?

p.s.my grandma could take out your grandma.

Now With Moveable Parts
***** List Update 3.30.02

Squeeky shopping carts. Why? Can't there be some kind of guy who goes around and fixes that? Do I have to start carrying WD-40 in my purse?
-------
Dropping a movie off at the wrong video store.
videostorekid: Uh...is this Sadie?

me: Yeah

videostorekid: We have a DVD from Movieworld, over here at VideoLibrary.

me: F*ck!!

videostorekid: And, it's just an empty case. No DVD.

me: *looking in my player and seeing it in there* F*ck!!

-------

People who say:
" Long time no see."

"No can do"

what is this? Are we cave people?

have you ever had a cart that isn't steerable? it's called "wheelf*ck"......that's a pisser.
as for the WD-40, it always comes in handy....i say carry it.

and i say "long time no see" or "long time no talk".......usually wishing i hadn't said it ....after it's left my lips...but there you have it.

i would never, however, return a movie to the wrong store......let alone an empty case.