The Sexiest Movies...

Tools    

Like I said, you may define it differently, but "Starship Troopers" has an understated sexual tone about it. I think it has something to do with the fact that the entire cast is in pretty good shape...at least, no real exceptions come to mind. The cast was also incredibly youthful, too...so that adds to it.

I'm with valbowski on one thing, though: JLH is definitely one of the more attractive actresses today. She's not a waif either...though she could stand to gain 5 pounds.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Indeed Jennifer Love Hewitt is a gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS woman!

Basic Instinct was a sexy movie. But I'd say the sexiest ever, to me, was Palmetto.

Now With Moveable Parts
What?! No,I'm sorry.JLH is about as sexy as a teenager with big hooters! I can admit when a woman is sexy(the scenes in Bound...those were some sexy females!)I do it all the time!I would tell you if I thought she was sexy.She's not.Know who is though? Nichole Kidman...she oozes sex,and she's not sloopy about it.I haven't even seen Moulan Rouge,and I can tell you,that's sexy.I did see the previews.JLH is a child acting sexy,it doesn't work for me.Every chance she gets,she's flaunting her knockers,so unclassy.

Now With Moveable Parts
Palmetto is a good choice OG...I'll argee with you there.What a vixon's role if there ever was one!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by bigvalbowski
Jennifer Love Hewitt? Come on sadesdrk, even with all that estrogen running through your veins, you cannot tell me that JLH isn't the sexiest thing on the planet.
I'm sorry I must say something to this one. JLH reminds me of the MadTv character Stuart, in the sense that she has to constantly remind people that she is a star..."Look what I can do"
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
yup-that's exactly what I've been saying about her.Her T.V.movie about Audry Hepburn,was an absolute disgrace.Who does she think she is,that she could assume the role of one of the greatest screen stars ever?

I haven't seen that, so I can't speak for her acting/manner, but she sure did seem to have the look down pat. That alone is a big part of the role.

What?! No,I'm sorry.JLH is about as sexy as a teenager with big hooters!
Ummm...isn't that kind of the point? (sorry, couldn't resist).

Now With Moveable Parts
I was wondering when one of you would notice that one Teenagers with big hooters is exactly my point...not even in the same league with the WOMEN,I concider sexy.She's just a hack.A hack with sloppy boobs.

That Bond movie with Onatov in it. Merry Christmas!! Rowr!

The Country Music Awards or something, when Shania Twain first appeared in public dressed like in her Man, I Feel like a Woman video. I wanted to climb into the tv!

I thought Tarzan (the cartoon movie) was charged with sexual tension from beginning to end.
SPOIKER::
Why did the dad have to stay? That was crap, they wanted to get it on!

Sun, are you talking about Denise Richards? Why you have some weird fascination to see Tarzan and Jane get it on in a Disney movie no less, is beyond me. LOL

Lol, no Franke Jansen in that Bond movie. Yes, didn't you feel the tension in the Tarzan movie? He kept looking up her skirt and she would cling to him everytime they swang from vine to vine. It was sexy

OH..in Goldeneye. I have actually not seen that movie all the way through, but if a Bond movie wasn't ever sexy, I don't know what I would do.

You have a weird fascination with seeing characters from Disney movies get freaky Sun. Is this after the whole controversy over Aladdin and Lion King having hidden messages in them??

Which reminds me, that's a good thread to start.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
One Night at McCools is a pretty sexy movie.

What isn't sexy about Jennifer Love Hewitt?? Is it that pretty face? The pretty eyes? the flat stomach? the toned legs? the nice butt? the nice chest?

Oh wait, all of those things are sexy. I get what your saying, but she is sexy. Being sexy is a physical characteristic, your thinking past it. People that are past it, like Elisabeth Shue are just amazing, doesn't mean people underneath aren't sexy.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
well, see, y'all are getting into PEOPLE. now, yes, by default, if you find big rough men like Russell Crowe sexy, you might assume that any role he ever played was, because he is, and that every movie he was ever in, is. but that ain't so. i find the man very sexy, but not always - we're talking about a mood here. he was raw and frighteningly sexy in Romper Stomper but mostly unsexy in Raw Magic (or whatever that was called) and barely sexy in Virtuosity and magnificently human and humbly sexy in Gladiator. So, you can't go by the generic "sexiness" of the person, and that most certainly can't make the movy sexy or unsexy.

now, yes, a girl (or guy) can see a hot bod walk by and be like - hey, yo, I like that. As in, that person has a physical appearance that appeals and that if they ever took you somewhere naughty, you'd love to go and *assume* you'd enjoy yourself. another argument is you could meet JLH, whom you find physically attractive now, and in real life she could have a horrible personality and from then on when you looked at her your thermometer would not heat up nor twitch an inch. she would become very unsexy.

now, then there's a film in which people need not be physically attractive - mainstream. but their manner, the script, their chemistry, suddenly makes everything unbelievably sexy and a moment can be so very simple - just a glance, the way someone holds open the door, etc - can hold more fuel in the oner drop than any of the pretty faces y'all have mentioned here so far.

i'd like to bring up Paul Newman. Long Hot Summer. There is no way to fight a man who looks at you like that.

then there was that other movie he did with his wife, the one where she pretends to be an exotic prostitute and SHE feels unsexy and he's a sportswriter who falls for her. there are a couple breathless instances - though for the most part, in that film both of them were unsexy.

Shakespeare in Love ... was romantic to me, but not sexy. and it catered to women, flirted, rather than explored. but it wasn't meant to, it was a light romantic comedy. This also ties to me and how I feel about Gwyneth Paltrow, who is more gamine and delicate than womanly and sexy, to me. But some men find that sexy, so more power to them. However, I agree that Joseph Fiennes as a way about him - his eyes, really, have a very easy "sultry seductive" mode, whereas Ralph has "intense seductive" down.

another example of how a film set up to be sexy can fail - Belle du Jour, which was fascinating, but moved me not an inch.

unattractive characters becoming sexy - Monsieur Hire, a bug-eyed little Napoleon who develops an erotic obssession with a beauty in the apartment across from him. the man's intensity made his interactions with her erotic and even she was influenced by his attentions.

I agree that Bound was sexy. flat out.

i think a major point go by is not necessarily the physical attractiveness of the characters to US but their OVERALL attractiveness to EACH OTHER, which is developed by the film and has nothing to do with us. we simply watch and learn and slowly absorb the desire that the others develop and we leave feeling it, assuming - oh, so and so was so rich looking, so handsome, he turned me on - but really, so and so was all hot and bothered for another character and person with whom he had chemistry and THEIR interaction was what turned us on. the tension, the suspense ... the dance. that's what makes a film erotic and sensual.

the Basic INstinct sex scene was intense. but not sexy.

The Thomas Crown Affair - sexy, and tasteful. almost over the line with the desk thing, but i let that slide cuz they developed the repartee so well with their clothes on, too.

Ma Saison Preferee ... there was a very sensual undertone to the sibling's relationship. a very delicate eroticism, both Catherine Deneuve and Daniel Auteuil are very good at restraint, which most European films are, which is KEY in making a film erotic. "Romance" (at your local video store) is VERY unsexy though there's plenty of sexual exchange.

Chris, I know what you mean about an undertone. but like i said, sexuality being present in the characters (as in anyone in real life) doesn't make a film sexy. the film itself - how the cinematographer plays with focus, lighting, fabrics, design, the script, the way the characters deliver lines, the way they interact - everything together must work to weave this web, and Starship Troopers may have contained hormones, but that does not make it sexy.

Kama Sutra - sexy, yes, but not as much as the title would imply.

Angels and Insects - The setup was very sexy but the siblings were so albino-looking i kept feeling ill. there was a crudeness to the character interaction that made things seem false and i could not fall into the mode they were reaching for.

Remains of the Day - Anthony Hopkins and Emma Thompson. That film drove me MAD. The way those two circled one another, and never acted - to this day, this is at the top of my list, most likely because they never acted. Anticipation is also very key to eroticism. You want what you cannot have. When a film plays on the the audience's AND the character's desire to consummate, when it teases, indulges, then retreats - THIS is a film that knows what's what when it comes to sensuality.

The Age of Innocence, etc. the ones that turn me on are usually the ones where lovers are forced to wait or some obstacle is put between them so that their desire grows exponentially an intensely and quickly.

there's a sexy MOMENT - so this isn't a sexy film to me - in Schindler's List. That's where I first fell for Ralph Fiennes. He was overweight and evil, shooting Jews from his balcony, but the way he behaved around his maid ...

And "Captives" - a british flick with Tim Roth (not necessarily a mainstream sexy man, but ever since that movie, he won me over).

Ryan Phillipe and Reese Witherspoon's sex scene was surprisingly sexier than Buffy and Selma Blair's tongue wrestling.
Strangely, I don't remember much the scene between Witherspoon and Phillipe. I do, however, remember very vividly the scene with Selma and Buffy (I even remember verbatim some of the things they said).

I don't really find teen movies to be very sexy at all.

Eyes Wide Shut was sexy, especially scenes with Nicole.

There were some sexy scenes in Basic Instinct, but not the sex scenes. The "Clubbin'" scene was sexy, though it didn't last very long. Better was the sequence in the Beach house when Stone was teasing Douglas about his alleged murders (she kept pretending she was going to kiss him, but at each last moment she would start taunting him again and pull away).

Remains of the Day was sexy? Hopkins seemed too repressed for that to be really sexy. But at least it was better than the Hopkins-Thompson relationship in Howards End, which was the complete OPPOSITE of sexy.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by thmilin

i'd like to bring up Paul Newman. Long Hot Summer. There is no way to fight a man who looks at you like that.

I agree that Bound was sexy. flat out.

the Basic INstinct sex scene was intense. but not sexy.
Thmilin...these are the reasons we get along... I think I've made my point about Jennifer Love Hewitt,OG-I'll give it to you that she's physically attractive...sexy? Not by a long shot.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
yep sades, we just know a sexy man when we see one.

i say anthony turned me on in that movie and has since won sexy points with me. his character was intense without being overt ... restrained in a good way. i kept wanting her to corner him and make him give in to his urges...

Boy I hope you two never get together to watch a movie. Sounds like you guys want to see a lot of things on the screen that just wouldn't happen. LOL

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by thmilin
yep sades, we just know a sexy man when we see one.

i say anthony turned me on in that movie and has since won sexy points with me. his character was intense without being overt ... restrained in a good way. i kept wanting her to corner him and make him give in to his urges...
those eyes thmilin...don't forget those eyes!Spud-for the sake of everything sane in the world...I hope none of us "get together" that would just be too cra-zay.