Favorite Kevin Spacey Movie

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
Hey! Kevin is coming out with a new one, just in time for Oscar. It's called the Shipping News. I won't miss it. Madame Dench, Spacey, Julianne Moore, Cate Blanchett. Should be promising.

5. L.A. Confidential
Take a crime story out of the pages of those old detective pulp magazines from the 50's, the glamour of southern California scene back in it's heydey & mash it up with a revealingly gritty view of paparazzism, racism and corruptionism (uhmn...that's is a word, right?) along with a great cast of characters, (including Kevin Spacey's) whom almost all seem to share the lead role,
& you end up with an L.A. story that comes off as tough, fresh, modern and nolstalgic, all at the same time.

4. K-PAX
I'll be honest with you guys, the only reason that I like this movie is b'cuz it's alot like a fluffier version of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

3. American Beauty
Personally, I think that this is a movie that tries to remind us that we have the ability to keep life in perspective, but usually don't. I think that what AB tries to say with it's message, especially at the end is much bigger than most of us realize. This is a film that I hope I can remember to watch every 4 or 5 yrs of my life, just as a reminder to "something" that I genuinely believe we all already know, but hardly ever allow it's awareness to surface during the course of our lives. Or maybe I'm just looking at things bigger than what they really are. And I don't mean Thora Birch's naked breasts in this film.

2. Glengarry Glenn Ross
I wrestled with whether this entry belonged on this list or not. I love the movie Se7en, but I didn't include it on this list because as good as Spacey was, I felt that the movie's success was based much more on the story, it's twist & on Morgan Freeman's & Brad Pitt's contribution to the film. And while Kevin is also good in Glengarry, as with Se7en, I felt that he was overshadowed by the stronger contibutions that were bought in by the other actors, the incredible script & just by the over-all chemistry of the ensemble cast.
I guess that the only reason that I included this as entry to this list anyway, is because, even though Spacey's just one piece to the puzzle, Glengarry Glen Ross is such a favorite movie of mine, that I just couldn't resist.

1. The Usual Suspects
A really cool mystery crime drama featuring a really cool cast of crime characters, including one in which, for my money, Kevin delivers one of the coolest movie villains ever as Keyser Söze.
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
A thought as scary as Stephen Baldwin becoming born again.