Soviet Cinema

Tools    

After seeing Tarkovsky's Solaris (1972) and his short film of The Killers (1956), I've been leaning more into exploring Soviet Cinema. I've also put The Sons of Great Bear (1966) on my queue. If anyone else has any recommendations, I'd be glad to hear them. I've noticed, just through reading brief articles about Soviet Cinema, that there ceases to be a gangster/film noir genre. Guess gangsterism/crime was a symptom of the decadence of the West.

After seeing Tarkovsky's Solaris (1972) and his short film of The Killers (1956), I've been leaning more into exploring Soviet Cinema. I've also put The Sons of Great Bear (1966) on my queue. If anyone else has any recommendations, I'd be glad to hear them. I've noticed, just through reading brief articles about Soviet Cinema, that there ceases to be a gangster/film noir genre. Guess gangsterism/crime was a symptom of the decadence of the West.
By Soviet you mean Communist Russia or also Eastern European movies and movies from Central Asia that were under the Soviets?

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
I've seen Hedgehog in the Fog, a fantastic little piece of Russian animation. It's like ten minutes long. Everybody should watch it no matter their age.