Digital Widescreen HD

Tools    

A novel adaptation.
The Digital revolution is coming about, and some of us, myself included fear we may be getting burned on the mandatory American switch. But that's still a few (errr... maybe less than that) years away, and in the meantime, I feel like I might need a way to ease into this whole Digital, Widescreen, High Definition world. Thusly this thread should serve as a place for discussion on the new telly universe out there.

To start off, any MoFos gone digital or high definition yet? How's the image quality? What did you pick up the tv for (price and all), and is it really worth it?

Get off my island
I've not got one yet, but I will because quite simply, it is the way forward and soon everything will be digital

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

Digital TV is quite big over here in the UK. We have 2 options, pay for digital satellite TV or a free-to-air service from the BBC. Its quite good, the increase in picture quality is easy to see and the options that DTV provides are quite good, interactive TV for one. Also more and more programs, especially on the BBC, are broadcast in widescreen so things are looking up.

Ive got a freeview set top box (about £100) but you can get TVs with the technology integrated, although they are quite expensive.

I think the US is slightly behind the UK when it comes to this, understandable considering the size of the country, but I imagine it will quickly take off.

I don't think our analogue switch off is scheduled for another 5-10 years but I guess it will annoy some people when it happens.