Old Horror Movies

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Saturday night I was at my friends house with some other friends, and we were bored. We wanted to go see a movie, but theres nothing out right now. So we rented some movies. We rented 2 old horror movies and an action movie. The two horror movies were The Seed People, and The Evil Dead 2. Anyone seen either of this. Seep People was really lame, but thats why we rented it. But Evil Dead was so weird. It was hilarious, and it was actually scary.

Didn't see it.
I'm sorry, but if you are going to refer to a movie as "old," it has to at least be from before the 60's. A movie from my college years (1987) doesn't qualify.

Boy, I'm feeling old!

I was feeling old when I read the post, as well, but I feel better knowing that you're slightly older than I am, james (I was only 16 in 1987).

Didn't see it.
21 for me.

i turned 5, and i still dont consider the movie old. u just now got around to renting that?

I wouldn't say "Evil Dead 2" is an old movie. I am sure you have seen the sequel to that, "Army of Darkness". In my opinion. "The Exorcist" is the scariest movies ever made (even though it is not that old). "King Kong vs. Godzilla" scared me as a kid. I think movies with a more suspense driven story line are more scary than monster movies. "Rebecca" and "Suspicion" stand out in my head by the suspense master, Hitchcock. Perhaps that is just me.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I know the movies arn't really "old", I just call them that because they're not new.

The Exorcist was fairly scary. I saw it for the first time when they re-released it in theaters in October.

Dang, this thread was made 14 and a half years ago. That brings some nostalgia.

Off topic, but these are the movies I remember seeing in theaters in the year 2000:

Chicken Run
X-Men
Pokemon The Movie: 2000
Digimon: The Movie
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Cast Away

I can't really remember if I saw Gladiator in theaters, I wanna say I might have since my parents would sometimes take me to R-rated movies even when I was only 8 years old. I don't really have any memory of it though.