The Matrix Reloaded - [2003] The Wachowski Brothers
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - [2002] Peter Jackson
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - [2002] Chris Columbus
The Empire Strikes Back - [1980] Irvin Kershner
Rambo: First Blood Part 2 - [1985] George P.Cosmato
X2: X-Men United - [2003] Bryan Singer
Terminator 2: Judgement Day - [1990] James Cameron

Thats all I can think of for now.......
Very good list...I'd forgotten how much I liked Chamber of Secrets. I'd leave the first two off though...

Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
Very good list...I'd forgotten how much I liked Chamber of Secrets. I'd leave the first two off though...
Chamber of Secrets is good, (better than PS/SS) but the first two movies are proven to be made ONLY so Christopher Columbuse's kids could watch them. WTF?!?! There are some very creepy/scary moments in the COS book, but in the movie. . .yaaaaawn.

You don't think LOTR: the Two Towers is better than the Fellowhip? Shame on you. . .tisk, tisk, tisk. Just kidding I respect your opinion, I just disagree.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
Terminator 2

T1 was excellent but T2 had new things that T1 didn't have. Better music, better graphics, better guns, and I can go on. Also, T2 was much longer.

The Green Lantern
'T2' was better than 'Terminator'
'X2' was better than 'X-Men'
'The Two Towers' better than 'Fellowship of the Ring'
Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might.
Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light"

--Green Lantern Oath--

"The Green Lantern Corps has battled against the forces of evil and chaos for a millennium. To serve is the ultimate honor."

Do you know my poetry?
Let me add one more, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

The Original Computer Virus
Each Lord of the Rings movie was better than the last (Return of the King>Two Towers>Fellowship of the Ring) and Terminator 2 was way better than the first Terminator.

damnation is the key
i and most people i talked to thought lord of the rings ROTK wasnt relly that good it seemed that it was to over dramatic

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally Posted by blood_rayne
i and most people i talked to thought lord of the rings ROTK wasnt relly that good it seemed that it was to over dramatic
I guess I'm not sure what you mean by over dramatic.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
Chamber of Secrets is good, (better than PS/SS) but the first two movies are proven to be made ONLY so Christopher Columbuse's kids could watch them. WTF?!?! There are some very creepy/scary moments in the COS book, but in the movie. . .yaaaaawn.

You don't think LOTR: the Two Towers is better than the Fellowhip? Shame on you. . .tisk, tisk, tisk. Just kidding I respect your opinion, I just disagree.
Yeah...It's probably just me. I prefer Fellowship because personally I enjoy one-on-one combat to epic battles...and I liked Gandalf the Grey more than the White. (But that was just for Two Towers. Believe me...I think all three are about as perfect as movies get...it all boils down to preference.)

And as for CoS...I thought there were quite a few creepy sequences. The Final battle (which I thought was VERY very cool), as well as the spider-escape gave me chills. Even so, I've always seen the first two novels as the set up for the others. The movies are the same, and, as such, they are wonderful films. I do want to see more out of the next movies, but I won't really hold anything against the first two Harry Potter movies unless the rest of them aren't thrilling (which, with the set-up provided by the stories, I can't really see happening.)

Just as The Lord of the Rings is the perfect movie trilogy, I have dreams of Harry Potter being the perfect movie series. Only time will tell though...

Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
Believe me...I think all three are about as perfect as movies get...it all boils down to preference.)
I agree, after seeing the third one I realized what a good job Jackson did on the second one for a middle movie. Although yes all of them were the best in their own little way and in my mind I can't compare one to the other, I prefer to look at is as a movie as a whole.

As for Harry Potter, after seeing the Prisoner of Azkaban trailer, I have high hopes, despite the quite obvious changes. And I always felt that CoS was better than 'sorcerer', it just seemed like teh actors had relaized their characters move and the thrill element was upped an notch or two.

Here are some super sequels...

1) T2 was better than T1
2) LOTR Return of the King was the best LOTR film in my opinion
3) Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets was better than The Sorcerors stone
4) X2 beat X-men
5) Alot of James Bond movies were better than the very first one, i'm not sure if you would call them sequels though
2) 2 Fast 2 Furious was cooler than The Fast and the Furious

2 Fast 2 Furious should be number 6 not 2

Actually, T2 and T1 are the same length down to the minute.

I agree T2 was better than the amazing first. Others-
Dawn of the Dead (Original OOOOOFcourse)
Back to the Future Part 2- (arguably)
The Spy who Shagged Me
Toy Story 2 ( arguably)

That's all i can think of not mentioned. I dont agree however with Matrix reloaded or the godfather part 2. All the others i agree with. Evil dead 2-dead by dawn is a kickass movie, aint it?

Harry Potter 3 was great! However, I read all of the books lately, and I felt that the movie seemed somewhat lacking. I believe it was shorter than Chambers, and it could have used another half hour to put in some key points made in the book. But all in all, I think it was a great movie. I think it dragged a little in the middled, but ended well.

It was fun to see the images in my head from reading the book come to life. I will admit that I would have probably enjoyed it more if I hadn't read the book, nevertheless, the book did give me some awesome facts that are fun to know when watching the movie... To tell you the truth, I'm a bit tossed on the idea of whether it would have been better to have read the books or not before seeing the films. Oh well, not that it's a big deal.

Oh madmax 2 was better and Robocop 2 was a great sequel. There's two i just thought of.

The Green Lantern
'Shrek 2' better than the first one.
'Harry Potter 3' better than the first two.

1 T2
2 X2
3 Empire Strikes back
4 Along came a spider (even though it's supposed to be a prequel to Kiss the Girls)
5 Aliens
6 Ace Ventura 2 Pet Detective
7 Star Trek 2