Movie Tab

Tools    

John Q (first time)
This film had very badly written dialogue and criminally misrepresented the way the police and media operate. Maybe I'll go into this in detail later.

However, the one thing that kept John Q from being a BAD movie and made it an OK one was Washington's acting. Sh**, I almost cried several times watching him single-handedly create some very emotional scenes. Even horrible dialogue can't keep this guy from shining.

The message didn't bother me. I was too busy rolling my eyes at the bad lines in this thing to be insulted by some message being crammed down my throat. Besides, we DO need better health care, and it CAN be done. In any event, I don't think this movie really did a good job making its case. Washington's phenomenal acting ability alone can't do that.

My stance on John Q is the same as when I first saw it: the message is right in one sense (something needs to be done), but not in another (THIS is what needs to be done). A film that shows us a problem is one thing, but a film that shows us a problem, and pushes its agenda/solution...well, that's a tad harder to swallow...at least in my case.

But yes, Washington stole the show. I didn't cry...but I had to fight it, badly.

Originally posted by Yoda
But yes, Washington stole the show. I didn't cry...but I had to fight it, badly.
Me too.

Now With Moveable Parts
I saw Attack of the Clones!! Yeah!

Finally.

Wow. That was weird that the bad wizard dude from LOTR, played a bad Jedi in AOTC. Talk about your type casting...

Originally posted by Greg The Bunny

Hey Joe, what'a 'ya know?
Finally someone who agrees! They should have ended the movie with him frozen in the ice forever. But no, Spielberg has to go and ruin the whole thing by sticking that crappy ending on it.
Blah!

-GTB
You can shut up now.

I watched this movie called Flowers of Shanghai. weird, and cool, and absolutely gorgeous.

Uncle Buck, this morning.

"Wait 'til you see the toast--I couldn't even get it through the door!"

I've always loved that movie... but is it just me, or does Tia (the oldest kid) get on your nerves, too? I couldn't identify with her even when I was a teenager. I was never that dumb and sullen... Well, I was never that sullen.

I can't stand her...at all. Even at the end, I didn't really like her much. What a b*tch. To make matters worse, my brother tends to side with her when we watch that flick. He thinks Uncle Buck's too harsh. Pfft.

Rest of the characters I love...'specially the two kids. Gotta love the scene in which they all try to sleep in the same bed. What a movie.

I can't stand her...at all. Even at the end, I didn't really like her much. What a b*tch.
Amen to that.

One of my favorites with the kids is Miles meeting Buck for the first time. Had to go to IMDb for this one...

Miles: Where do you live?
Buck: In the city.
Miles: You have a house?
Buck: Apartment.
Miles: Own or rent?
Buck: Rent.
Miles: What do you do for a living?
Buck: Lots of things.
Miles: Where's your office?
Buck: I don't have one.
Miles: How come?
Buck: It's a long story.
Miles: You have kids?
Buck: No I don't.
Miles: How come?
Buck: It's an even longer story.
Miles: Are you my Dad's brother?
Buck: What's your record for consecutive questions asked?
Miles: 38.
Buck: I'm your Dad's brother alright.
Miles: You have much more hair in your nose than my Dad.
Buck: How nice of you to notice.
Miles: I'm a kid - that's my job.

Oh, and Troy says to tell you all he's the Movie God and you all can suck his n*ts. It's the Percoset talking.

This just goes to show you that, although gonads are useful in their purpose, they are no substitute for brains.

Now With Moveable Parts
Tell Troy--oh, nevermind. That's sick.

I LOVE THAT MOVIE!! and I hated Tia! I thought she was pretty though...and her boyfriend was the kid from, The Boy Who Could Fly!! I had a crush on him.

Ew--you had a crush on Bug?

"Hey... gnat... bug..."

And Troy is sick... in the head. Why else would he be married to me?

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Mary Loquacious

And Troy is sick... in the head. Why else would he be married to me?
Can't argue with that kind of logic.

Did you see the Boy Who Could Fly? That big girl from The Facts of Life was in it!

Nope, I've never seen that one. I've heard it's really good, though.

Mindy Cohn is in it? And Bug? I have to check it out...

Hey. Bug's name is Jay Underwood--he was the android in Not Quite Human! Remember that one, with Alan Thicke?

Now With Moveable Parts
Nope, I've never seen that one. I've heard it's really good, though.
You could watch it with your daughter, it's a Disney flick.

Mindy Cohn is in it? And Bug? I have to check it out...
She plays the best friend to the lead charactor, the girl and he plays the boy that flies...it's really good; for a kid's movie.

Hey. Bug's name is Jay Underwood--he was the android in Not Quite Human! Remember that one, with Alan Thicke?
Ew. That reminds me of Flight of the Navigator, for some reason.

Ew. That reminds me of Flight of the Navigator, for some reason.
That's 'cause they're both Disney "kid" flicks... but FOTN was better.

Morbida
Dogma, Malrats, Chasing Amy ....... had a Kevin Smith Urge

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Die Hard 2

Too drained of energy to come up with a snappy quote from the movie, but I watched it.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Whad'you know?
Anatomy - anyone seen this?

it's like a german take on American slasher movies, but ultimately gives in to the conventions it's trying to defy

Now With Moveable Parts
Spud was here! Didja'yall see that?! Aw, he's so infrequent now...

On a much snappier note~
I'm going to see The Anniversary Party tonight, I'll let you know tomorrow.

The Gweat and Tewwible
I am watching Ocean's Eleven soon. I cannot honestly say that I am a fan of anyone in the cast :bored

Don Cheadle is pretty cool though.