How many times did you go to the movie theatre this year?

Tools    

Scream 6
Talk to Me
A Haunting in Venice
A Nightmare Before Christmas
Thanksgiving

You saw this in theaters? Lucky! I think this popped up very briefly and vanished in my area.
It was at a very small theater (probably about 20-30 seats?), and the only people there other than me were the person I came with and one other lone guy. To be honest, though, seeing it in theaters is probably not worth the cost, it's far from that director's best work.

It was good - or at least, I enjoyed it. I wrote about it here. A completely different film to the one we've had since 1979, and a marked improvement - edited together with the original screenplay as a template, it actually makes more narrative sense and you can see it's themes much more clearly. It's not the greatest epic ever made, but it feels much more complete and sensible.
I saw the promotional (?) book that came out about this film a few months ago, and I have been curious about watching it ever since. Thanks for the link to your review!

3 times:
Scream 6- mixed on it
Barbie- liked it
Oppenheimer- hated it
I just remembered I went to Babylon in January, so it's 4 times. I'm not planning to go to Cinema this year, but there are few movies I'm looking forward to and might go next year.

zero

84 times. I make the most out of my AMC A-list membership.

Movie seen the most times: Barbie x6.

Worst movie watched more than once: Plane x2

Best I can tell, 19 so far, which is a sad number for me, but I just haven't been feeling the same excitement or comfort there that I used to.

Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania
Cocaine Bear
Creed III
Expend4bles/3qualizer (drive-in double feature)
G Minus One
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes (x2)
Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
The Marvels
Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One
No Hard Feelings
Oppenheimer
The Quiet Girl
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Sound of Freedom
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
Women Talking

P.S.: Just added Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom and forgot about Knock at the Cabin.

P.P.S.: And Ferrari. So 22.

If you don't mind me asking, were you intentionally avoiding going to the theatre or were there just no new movies that interested you?
For the most part, both. Rarely do I see something which does interest me (a new film anyway) and even when I do, it's almost never to the point that I actually see it, let alone go to the cinema to see it.

To give you some idea; the last film I saw in the cinema was The Breakfast Club about 5 years ago, while the last new film I saw there was Gravity and that was just becasue it was in 3D, I'd not bothered with any new 3D film and that one did seem to be the one which used the technology well rather than just a gimmick.

I've paid for plenty of movies that were either forgettable or blah, but I can't help thinking that getting OUT of the house is half of the reason to go to a movie. Yeah, I can watch them on my sofa, stream whatever and I have lots of disks, so there's no shortage of stuff to watch in the basement. Food is there, beer is cheaper than "out", and the bathroom is cleaner.

On the other hand, getting out of the house is about 55% of the reason for seeing a movie for me. Go downtown, get something to eat, mingle with the Great Unwashed, all that. Admittedly, I'm a city guy and would like to be doing this movie night in Manhattan, except that I don't live there, so I do it in Baltimore.

It's curious to me, since I've always been a guy who liked to get out and around and enjoys city life. Even for city-phobes, there are plenty of places where you can do "out" in squeaky-clean suburbs with parking lots (I do that too). What is it that makes movie-night more appealing on the couch?

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
This year I've paid for only one ticket.
Csontvary (1980)
In April, there was anniversary celebration for the main actor Itzhak Fintzi. He was invited in the local art cinema to share some memories about the movie. So this was my only visit of a movie theatre.

Generally, since 2010, we visit cinemas and pay for tickets only during local Film Festivals (there are three or four). We mostly see obscure titles and documentaries there.

As a whole, I like watching films in a movie theatre, moreover we live close to most of them even within a walking distance to couple of them, but ... it is a complicated economic situation and, in addition, it is observing who collect the tickets' cost.

I've paid for plenty of movies that were either forgettable or blah, but I can't help thinking that getting OUT of the house is half of the reason to go to a movie. Yeah, I can watch them on my sofa, stream whatever and I have lots of disks, so there's no shortage of stuff to watch in the basement. Food is there, beer is cheaper than "out", and the bathroom is cleaner.

On the other hand, getting out of the house is about 55% of the reason for seeing a movie for me. Go downtown, get something to eat, mingle with the Great Unwashed, all that. Admittedly, I'm a city guy and would like to be doing this movie night in Manhattan, except that I don't live there, so I do it in Baltimore.

It's curious to me, since I've always been a guy who liked to get out and around and enjoys city life. Even for city-phobes, there are plenty of places where you can do "out" in squeaky-clean suburbs with parking lots (I do that too). What is it that makes movie-night more appealing on the couch?
So you recommend “getting out of the house”, and, then, immediately enter the dubious confines of a movie theater. You even acknowledge that your bathroom is cleaner than theirs. I’ll stick to streaming I think.

I have been going more than twice weekly most weeks, sometimes for repeat viewings but mainly to see everything that’s out there, so I really couldn’t count. If I take just Picturehouse email receipts:

Eileen
Dream Scenario
Fingernails
Killers of the Flower Moon
The Lesson
Passages
Oppenheimer (x4-5)
Barbie
Talk to Me
Sisu
Return to Seoul
Sick of Myself
Cairo Conspiracy
Evil Dead Rise
Infinity Pool
God’s Creatures
Broker
Women Talking
Tar
Saint Omer
The Whale
The Son
The Fabelmans
EO
Enys Men

There must be twice as many for Everyman but there will have been a few overlaps.

I have been going more than twice weekly most weeks, sometimes for repeat viewings but mainly to see everything that’s out there, so I really couldn’t count. If I take just Picturehouse email receipts:

Eileen
Dream Scenario
Fingernails
Killers of the Flower Moon
The Lesson
Passages
Oppenheimer (x4-5)
Barbie
Talk to Me
Sisu
Return to Seoul
Sick of Myself
Cairo Conspiracy
Evil Dead Rise
Infinity Pool
God’s Creatures
Broker
Women Talking
Tar
Saint Omer
The Whale
The Son
The Fabelmans
EO
Enys Men

There must be twice as many for Everyman but there will have been a few overlaps.
Some great movies there. “The Lesson” was amusing.

I actually really enjoyed it. Never know what to expect from good old Huey.
Going mad, never mind me. Meant to say Richard E. Grant. He has done similar stuff before of course, but for some reason that one has stayed with me.

Going mad, never mind me. Meant to say Richard E. Grant. He has done similar stuff before of course, but for some reason that one has stayed with me.
I presumed you meant Grant. Hugh could have done the rôle too. They’re interchangeable.