your favorite "young love" story

Tools    

Hi, what's your favorite teen/college love story? Something that had substance and didn't cheeze you out?

Put me in your pocket...
I'm not sure if your asking for recommendations or a straight forward favorite list, but the first ones I thought of were....

The Road Home (1999)...young love but not a "school" flick. It's very sweet. And...
Mystic Pizza (1988).

One with substance on the parents end of the young romance was Light in the Piazza (1962) with Olivia de Havilland. It might be cheesy to you, but I loved it (and I love sappy stuff).

I know you didn't want cheese...but one movie that I could over look the cheesy young love story because the father and step-mother relationship and dealing with it were so fun to watch, was The Reluctant Debutante (1958). Rex Harrison and Kay Kendall are fabulous together.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
I can't think of a favorite but a good recent one was Garden State it gets a little cheesy at the end but it's good enough to forgive that part. I'll put my thinking cap on and see if I can come up with any others but right now that's all that comes to mind.

"Vision Quest" At least one of them was young, but this movie is an all time fav.

"I can't help it..."
Till Human Voices Wake Us - the first half, anyway.
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

I'd have to agree with Strummer521, Garden State is pretty good in that respect. I can't stop watching it to be honest, 3 times in 2 weeks, I need help.

Please nobody say Star Wars (new ones)

"I can't help it..."
Grease - cheesy, yes; but I love it.

Garden State is great except for near the end when they sleep together. I thought that ruined their relationship.
Another film I enjoyed was Crazy/Beautiful.

Originally Posted by susan
romeo and juliet (the 69 version)
I thought of this first. Great film, way better than Baz Lurhmann's newer one (although that one's still pretty good).

Neutral Milk Hotel
I think the newer Romeo and Juliet is very creative and appealing in many sences.
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Originally Posted by Uncle Rico
I think the newer Romeo and Juliet is very creative and appealing in many sences.
Oh, it definitely is. Luhrman's direction is really energetic, but never annoying, and the film is really entertaining. I'm just not a huge Claire Danes fan and I don't like the changes in the ending. Still a good film though.

"I can't help it..."
Before Sunrise

Originally Posted by liam5000
Before Sunrise
Wow, I didn't even think of this one. Great movie.