Fav. of the Indiana Jones trilogy

Tools    

There are those who call me...Tim.
Definately Raiders of the Lost Ark. It's got one of the best openings I've seen in a film, I loved the Gestapo guy, the theme song is one of Williams' best, John Rees Ivans (I think that's his name), the script was clever, the build up in the museum when they're explaining the mission and the Ark of the Covenant was surprisingly atmospheric, and when the angle turned into a devil-like creature at the end (the thing that came out of the Ark I mean), it was chilling.
The Last Crusade just seemed to be Raiders of the Lost Ark but bigger, but at the same time less enjoyable. Don't get me wrong, it was still great fun to watch, the chemistry between Indi and his Dad was great, and I still love the part when Indi meets that old knight near the end, but I still feel that Raiders was better.
Temple of Doom just pissed me off. Until the last 20-30 minutes I thought it was boring (and even then it wasn't that good), and instead of having just 1 annoying character, it had 2.

Originally Posted by Colonel Sanders
....Harrison Ford had Indegestion and had to go to the restroom. So he shot the guy and went to the restroom.

HUH???? Sounds ridiculous. I thought it was that Ford had an injury at the time, and couldn't move the way he was supposed to. Therefore he improvised and shot him with the pistol. Am I wrong

I will also have to go with the last crusade. Not either of the other two had such an impression on me. Plus, I'm not gonna say the second one was bad. It wasn't. It was actually a good sequal and deserves to be one of the trilogy. But isn't it strange how different it is from the other two? Also, this always struck me as funny but the in the first scene of the second movie when he comes in looking for the diamond, every time I watch that, he always reminds me of James Bond. With the diologue and all and that white jacket he wears. I never understood why they did that, also what was with that stupid chink? Since when does Indy work with little kids regardless if he's in China or whatever. I just thought that was funny. The movie itself is excellent but the third is the best, aknowledging how rarely the third of a trilogy is the best.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Krackalackin
also what was with that stupid chink?
Stupid chink?!
Before I get my panties in a bunch over this statement...please explain what you mean. The kid was was a cutie pie...his nationality shouldn't matter.

a close tie between Raiders and Crusade, but I'd have to go with Crusade because I liked the character interaction between father and son.

As to why Temple of Doom isn't liked very much - I dunno, -- maybe because the artifact (or the theme at least) wasn't Christian-based?

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
The first, then the third, then all other forms of entertainment.... including mimes... then Temple of Doom.

The reason being, Kate Capshaw was positively insufferable in Temple.... Twelve of her wouldn't equal Karen Allen's lahza apso.

Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of my top 20 favorite films of all-time. 4/4

The Temple of Doom was great, my introduction to the series, filled with classic lines and some great sequences. Its silly, but still tons of fun. 3.5/4

The Last Crusada was disapointing as a child but now its my second favorite of the series. The chemistry between Ford and Connery is gold, and the action, as always, is classic. 3.5/4

Temple of Doom is my favorite. Of course it was the first of the three I ever saw but I always like the plot better than the other two and Shorty was hilarious. I liked the visuals better than in the other two as well and of course the guy getting his heart ripped out and the mines. I'm in the minority for sure but since I'm allowed to make my own decision and the fact that no one has said Temple of Doom yet, I decided I'd post my favorite.