The Spiderman 2 Easter Egg / Cameo list

Tools    

Lets compile our own list of easter eggs and cameos spotted in Spiderman 2 :

Cameos:

* Bruce, of course as the Usher who bars Peter from entering the theater

* Phil Lamarr as a passenger on the train.

* Ted Rami again in JJ's office in a couple of spots.

* Stan Lee dodges debris in the Bank Fight scene. He's REALLY brief, much more so than his other marvel comic movies. Just a quick flash running past in the background of one shot.

* Sam's Car, in the Ben/Peter heart to heart scene.

Easter Eggs:

* The Doc Ock operation has a ton of Sam Rami-isms. The chainsaw looked more at home in Evil Dead than in Spiderman

* The Spidey suit in the garbage looking JUST like the comic cover (or was it actual comic art on the inside?)

* JJJ's "How about. . . Doctor Strange? Naw, it's taken."

Foreshadowing:

* Doc Connors, splanting the seeds for the Lizard, should they ever use him

* JJ's son - setting up the Man-Wolf/Spider Slayers for a future movie?

Was there anything else I missed?

• The Spidey suit in the garbage looking JUST like the comic cover (or was it actual comic art on the inside?)
J.J.J.'s headline, "Spider-Man No More!", was also the title of that story (in The Amazing Spider-Man #50). And the image they were giving a nod to was a splash page inside, not the cover art.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by jrs
* Stan Lee dodges debris in the Bank Fight scene. He's REALLY brief, much more so than his other marvel comic movies. Just a quick flash running past in the background of one shot.
I don't remember this, unless you're misremembering parts of it. I saw Stan Lee towards the end of the bank fight scene, outside the back, pulling someone else out of the way of debris, and not really in the background. It was a quick shot, however.

Radioactive Spider Blood
Originally Posted by Yoda
I don't remember this, unless you're misremembering parts of it. I saw Stan Lee towards the end of the bank fight scene, outside the back, pulling someone else out of the way of debris, and not really in the background. It was a quick shot, however.
That's what I saw too. Lee pulls someone out of the way from the debris... but you wouldn't have known it was him unless you were looking for him. The scene is so quick.

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

Originally Posted by Yoda
...and not really in the background. It was a quick shot, however.

Kind of, yes. He grabbed the citizen yelling, "Watch out"! Then he ran past in the background. He couldn't have run past the foreground or he would have slammed into the bank wall.

Forshadowing;

You can't forget the forshadowing of setting Harry Osbourne up to be the hobgoblin or the green goblin 2 but that was waaay more obvious.

I'm wondering is Sam Raimi going to use shis forshadowing because I don't think anyone wants another green goblin unless spidey has to fight two guys as this is seen alot in the batman movies.

Egg;

I believe that the "My back...my back" scene could be a refference to Toby Maguire having an injured back prior to the start of the film making after he was injured making seabiscuit. This caused questions of weather Maguire could make Spider-man 2 I could just be reading into this to much though.

also, with JJ's son being an astronaut, they might be setting up for Venom, as i recall on the animated TV show, JJ Jr. brought Venom back from the moon

who's Bruce?