Movie HALL of FAME Archives & Info

Tools    

If y'all ever do a 'freely available' one (i.e. all films readily available on safe, legal sites at no cost on t'internet) I'd join in.
Like JJ said, it's a great idea. I'd love to see you and others join an Hof who haven't before...(because of the availability issue)

Off the top of my head, YouTube, DailyMotion and the Internet Archive have 1000's of free public domain movies to watch all nice and legit.

Sort of like a Public Domain HoF?
Sort of yeah, probably the only way I could guarantee having access to all the nominations so the only one I could actually join

Off the top of my head, YouTube, DailyMotion and the Internet Archive have 1000's of free public domain movies to watch all nice and legit.
Yep, there's lots out there. 'Tis only an idea though - no idea how popular or not it would be.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Public Domain site HoF IS a very good idea to go with

movies can be okay...
Yeah, I kinda agree with @pahaK on the second chance theme. For me, I enjoy joining these HOF's, for the sake of at least the chance of discovering and experiencing new films beloved by the members, and also have other people experience my nomination that they've probably never seen as well (I actually do research, to see if the people who have claimed to be joining, have seen my nomination or not...I know I'm weird ). Having a second chance theme, it kinda defeats the purpose of at least why I join. Nonetheless, it's a great idea, just not for me.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

I'm up for whatever next.

I can think of a few options for the Chypmunk doesn't want to live life on the edge Hall of Fame.

FYI for anyone who's interested....the complete list of all movies nominated in the Main HoFs (that's the numbered ones like the 16th Hof) are in the second post of this thread. Lots of movies from past HoFs, were amazing and I haven't seen a lot of them myself.

I'm up for whatever next.

I can think of a few options for the Chypmunk doesn't want to live life on the edge Hall of Fame.
Hey, f*ck you - I've done extreme ironing

Hey, f*ck you - I've done extreme ironing
Is this in the public domain? If so, there's my nomination sorted.

movies can be okay...
If anyone wants to set up a French language themed HOF, I'd be so down. Only because I'll be completing my studies in French, for the next 5 years, and I gotta advance my fluency skills

If anyone wants to set up a French language themed HOF, I'd be so down. Only because I'll be completing my studies in French, for the next 5 years, and I gotta advance my fluency skills
I'd be up for a French New Wave Hof. My viewing of those films needs a boast. Lots of great ones during that time frame too.

We can probably open one up now. Isn't 30s HOF nearing the end?
30s Ends this week and I'll start up Part 2 of it after the reveals.

But, yeah, absolutely, opening one up right now would be great!!
I'm ready for one And the 1930s HoF is completed and I'll do the reveal of the results tomorrow, July 25th

I just noticed that there hasn't been an Action HoF yet. That could be fun and it's one of the big, basic genres. Or something little more focused like Martial Arts HoF. Just throwing some new ideas.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I just noticed that there hasn't been an Action HoF yet. That could be fun and it's one of the big, basic genres. Or something little more focused like Martial Arts HoF. Just throwing some new ideas.
Those could be a lot of fun. I'd definitely been for either or both.