Are comedy movie hypocritical when it comes to sexual assault humor?

Tools    

Usually dark comedy is juxtaposed to cheese comedy. Though I haven't seen the movie you're talking about.
What an interesting insight! Do you have any examples for that ?
Are you mocking my opinion that usually dark comedies don't have cheesy comedy mixed in? If so, why the attitude?

ChilI, I'm not ! I don't understand sarcasm, therefore I never use it. Just asking for a few examples of dark cheesy comedies.

[EDIT] : How! I get it now. I misinterpreted your use of the word "juxtaposed", thinking you meant that dark comedies are often mixed with cheesy elements. Since I found the idea interesting I was curious to know how you came up with that...
I'm terribly sorry about that : though it's been long since I last caused such a mix-up, English is not my mother language

ChilI, I'm not ! I don't understand sarcasm, therefore I never use it. Just asking for a few examples of dark cheesy comedies.

[EDIT] : How! I get it now. I misinterpreted your use of the word "juxtaposed", thinking you meant that dark comedies are often mixed with cheesy elements. Since I found the idea interesting I was curious to know how you came up with that...
I'm terribly sorry about that : though it's been long since I last caused such a mix-up, English is not my mother language
Fair enough and no worries.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I also remember browsing the old imdb boards like I always did back then. A fairly common opinion was that it wasn't a rape scene at all. That's probably because Libby is way shorter and weaker than Frank, and also because an erection means consent (to those who held that opinion at least). For me that is a typical case of cognitive dissonance, where people get all the more opinionated when the evidence against there case is strong. But maybe that bit of misplaced doubt regarding the nature of those scenes (or the tragic reality of what they depict) is partly to blame for the trend that you describe.
Well I think one of the main reasons why a lot of people may not consider that a rape scene is because they don't portray as dark and serious, as they would a rape scene in a drama, or thriller in comparison.

I think it is a sign of the decline of our culture. It goes along with the news fishing for likes more than presenting the news, films creating unnecessary controversies to get more ratings, I think it is a sign of a male macho culture. As a male I have to take some responsibility for it on some level, which makes me angry. I wonder how many of these female rapes or molestation are seen as acceptable or even realistic. it sounds more like the fantasy of some perverted male screen writer to me.

Pretty much, I think this is far more an outgrowth of male culture than it is some form of "man hating feminism".

I would argue personally that mainstream comedy films have tended towards embracing this culture more often over the last couple of decades. it seems like the standard go to tone of a lot of comedy these days is a kind of immature machismo with male characters played as overgrown jocks or fratboys.

I think it is a sign of the decline of our culture. It goes along with the news fishing for likes more than presenting the news, films creating unnecessary controversies to get more ratings, I think it is a sign of a male macho culture. As a male I have to take some responsibility for it on some level, which makes me angry. I wonder how many of these female rapes or molestation are seen as acceptable or even realistic. it sounds more like the fantasy of some perverted male screen writer to me.
I was with you on your first couple of observations. But I have to disagree with the "male macho culture" opinion. If anything we have a near total female dominated culture. Men have relegated themselves to impersonating compassion seekers, trying to broadcast feelings that they normally would not have, all the while apologizing for everything and to anyone they could have possibly offended. It's shocking how far masculinity has dissipated, especially in the West.

In its place, at least in films, we have females dominating all but superhero, or perhaps war films. It seems like 80% of all TV series must have a "strong" woman lead/star who is capable of dominating detective squads, or other groups of traditionally male enclaves. Then we have the newly kitschy commando-ninja-babe movies where otherwise normal appearing women are capable of karate chopping 6'5" muscular males.

It's all very ridiculous, and I suppose is a result of the fashionable Hippie-cum-SJW craze. But I definitely can wait to see what comes next...

~Doc