Is it allowed?

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I have never theater hopped for the following reasons.
  • my back starts to stiffen up after one movie.
  • I have usually loosened the armrests and possibly bent the seat out to accommodate myself, and it's a little embarrassing.
  • the sound is so loud, I need to go home and decompress.
  • I'm too lazy to go to another movie.
I feel for you Sluggo. I bet you'd hang around if Goober Pyle had something to do in-between flix.

I think I read the same thing somewhere. But I think an 800% profit at the concession stand is way more blatant a crime than seeing two pictures for the price of one. Especially when the film costs 100 million dollars to make and they only charge $8-$12 at the box office.
Profit in a deal by a willing seller to a willing buyer is no crime. And you are a willing buyer or else you wouldn't be lining up at the concession stand to buy that stuff. That's not at all like watching two movies on one ticket, which is just plain theft.

Besides the concession stand isn't just selling you a candy bar or a box of popcorn or a soft drink. What it's selling is the convenience it affords you so that you can load up with all thos calories on the way to your theater seat and go back for refills all through the movie. You can't bring your refrigerator or microwave oven with you, so the theater provides a staffed substitute.

In addition the the product, the convenience, and the paid staff to provide you those snacks, the concession stand also pays for the clean-up crew that sweeps up all that spilled popcorn and mops up all those spilled drinks and scrapes up the gum and candy stuck to the floor or the seat of a chair. So you see they really have to raise the price of the product to cover their full costs.

Besides, the only people paying those charges are those folks who can't watch a film without having a candy wrapper to rattle. Doesn't bother those of us who had supper prior to the movie or are going out afterward.

Just a dumb question that I never found the answer to for many years... hopefully this will answered here... I searched the internet and even signs in movie theaters and cinemas.

Is it allowed to watch 2 or more movies in a cinema when you only paid for one? If yes, how do they make money out of it when people can just watch to their hearts delight so many movies for less than 10 bucks?
C'mon, get real. While standing in a ticket line have you ever heard anyone say, "Give me one ticket to watch Movie A first, Movie B second and Movie C third"? Isn't that the correct reply to "What movie, please?" when you're planning to sneak from one movie to another after buying only one ticket? And if it's not wrong, why is it called "sneaking" into a movie?

To say you have a right to see two or more movies on a single ticket is like saying you have a right to eat two or more meals while paying for only one at a cafe. The menu plainly shows a price for each item to be consumed, just like the ticket booth exhibits the price of a ticket for each film it's showing. And even if it doesn't, the ticket seller asks for which movie are you buying the ticket and you specify to the seller the one movie for which you're purchasing a ticket. Moreover, the ticket itself carries some designation of either the specific movie or the specific theater for which you purchased it, because the ticket taker then directs you to the correct theater.
After such a process of elimination, you have absolutely no hope of ever claiming as a valid defense that you had no idea you couldn't go to other theaters in the multiplex without purchasing additional tickets.

At any rate, the sale and purchase of the ticket amounts to a legal civil contract between you and the theater manager and if you violate that contract, he can and will take action against you.

Come on people... we are on the same side here. i also only watch what i paid for. @yoda.. none taken . my reasoning may be ridiculous but i am pretty much sure that most would agree somehow that i have a point no matter how foolish it may be.

that is why i started this topic with a dumb question. i myself have searched all over and yet i have not found an answer that really satisfied me. i admit it is down right dumb and stupid... but for a dumb question like that, there should be an easy answer; don't you think so?
No, the fact is you really don't have a point, not even a foolish one, simply because you don't know where to look for an answer. What you are talking about here is basically the law of trespass and since the start of civiliation there are many books written and many courses taught on the law of trespass, which is basically being somewhere without the owner's permission--like in a movie for which you have not bought a ticket. The theater manager doesn't have to post a sign. All he has to show is that you are in a restricted area without his permission. Your only defense is that you have his permission as expressed in the form of a ticket to that specific theater and movie. Ignorance of the law of trespass will not save your butt.

But why even argue the point--are you willing to risk confrontation, humiliation, and possible legal action for the price of a lousy movie ticket? Would you sell your reputaton for a mere $5-10?

Originally Posted by rufnek
Would you sell your reputation for a mere $5-10?
SOLD!

Let's call it $8.75. I'll shoot you my address where you can send the cashier's check.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

My life isn't written very well.
Hold On! I'll buy Holden's reputation for $8!!

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
$9.00, Including tip.

SOLD!

Let's call it $8.75. I'll shoot you my address where you can send the cashier's check.
C'mon, Pike! Your BS factor alone is worth more than that!

The King of Movies
How would you be able to do that. At my cinemas the process is this simple:

-You purchase your ticket and the ticket person tells you what cinema the movie is in

- You walk up to a corridor to entrances into cinemas, there is someone at the start of the corridor who asks to see your ticket. You show them it and they tell what cinema your movie is in.

- You watch the movie.

I don't see how it is possible to not pay, because movies start at diffrent times.

Registered Creature
Don't do that. You'll get caught.

Yeah sneaking into another film is wrong. I am not saying I have never done it before. But , what if you by a ticket to a movie that you think stinks? Is it ok to go see a different movie in the theater instead?

Also the concession stand is highway robbery . I payed $4.75 for a soda the other day and they wouldn't even let me get a refill . What is up with that. I have even seen people digging in garbage cans for popcorn bags to re-use for refills this is recycling taken to the worst extent. You have to know your prices are too high when people are digging in the trash just to get popcorn bags. I do not condone this at all and if you are one of these "recyclers" good luck .

hi guys. A very interesting discussion

I think you know sneaking into movies is wrong dontcha?LOL

As for concessions-sure it's expensive, but nobody holds a gun to your head. Eat beforehand, and surely you can go 2 hours without drinking a gallon of coke? The only way to make cinema company's think about lowering prices is to stop letting yourself get ripped off.

I don't know about U.S. but in Britain it's ok for you to take your own snacks (and they don't have to be hidden in deep pockets) This excludes hot food, McDonald's etc, because of the awful smell it leaves behind.

It would be great if cinemas were just about watching films, unfortunately it's not. These are huge companies running a business for profit.

Enjoy your cinema outings people

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
This immediately reminded me of this

Of course you can't do that. But I mean you probably could but it's illegal because that's stealing, since you wouldn't be paying for a 2nd movie.

Hot food here is a soft pretzel or a nacho . At least where I live, and this is nothing special. I am not sure why, bringing your own food in here is technically against the rules. Also very few theaters will serve beer as well. What is up with that?