The Dark Knight Rises

Tools    

Anarchist within reason
I don't know where Robin would fit in the third film or how it would be done.

As for The Joker, without Ledger portraying him there really isn't any point
If at his council I should turn aside, Into that ominous tract which all agree, Hides the Dark Tower. Yet aquiescingly I did turn as he pointed, neither pride nor hope at the end descried, so much as gladness that some end might be.

Robert Browning 'Childe Roland to The Dark Tower Came'

I literally just said how
I think they should introduce Robin in the next movie as follows:

Since the villain is probably Riddler, we can possibly assume Batman will be indoors more often. So, when Batman is looking at the second riddle in some apartment, a young man named Robin can be an alleged witness, and would forcefully ask Batman if he could help him.

Batman: (looking at the riddle) It's already happened again. There's no time to figure out sudoku I need to find Riddler!
Robin: (walks into room) Are you Batman?
Batman: (without looking) Get out of here kid
Robin: I think I can help you find this criminal. Riddler...I happen to have beaten him in sudoku championships...
Batman: (holds breath) ...I don't need help from the likes of you, you'll just get in the way
Robin: I KNOW I CAN HELP YOU
Batman: (coarse) NO, YOU JUST THINK YOU CAN...now go home before you get yourself in more trouble (swoops out window)
Robin: (rushes over to window...looks down the 15 stories with a sad fury...pulls out his grapple) I know I can...

And then Robin shoots the grabble into the opposite building's wall about halfway down, jumps out to kick off the wall, but just smacks straight into it and dies immediately.

If Batman talks the way he does in the movie, how will robin end up talking in Nolan's movies... chirpy style maybe??

& Winter do you think they could include a small peak into Robin's shorts as a fanservice.. I am sure many will be pleased.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World

As for The Joker, without Ledger portraying him there really isn't any point
thats what they said about jack nicholson once.

just sayen

Anarchist within reason
Apologies Winter I didn't see your post. That would be a great way to fit Robin into the film, even better if Shia Lebouf plays him and hits the wall for real

.... a man can dream

And then Robin shoots the grabble into the opposite building's wall about halfway down, jumps out to kick off the wall, but just smacks straight into it and dies immediately.

Semper Fooey
There can be no contemporary Robin because child services would put out an arrest warrent against Batman, he would get very bad press, be villified on talk radio, and Commissioner Gordan would declare him a greater menace than the Joker.

Yeah, but even if all that happens, HE CAN TAKE IT.

Anarchist within reason
thats what they said about jack nicholson once.

just sayen
That's very true.

But given the time in which the next film comes out, Nicholson's Joker was the best part of twenty years ago, the effect of Ledger's portrayal will drum up more than a simple comparison.

Ledger's Joker was brilliant, but was it the accurate portrayal of Joker from the comics?? the answer is no..

If they ever make a Batman film in the future with Joker as a villain, if they get a good actor & character right.. noone will complain..

Anarchist within reason
Yes & Shia can say his infamous line while hitting the wall... "No no no no no"
"OPTIMUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSS" SPLAT

Cut to shot of Megan Fox's arse in shorts.... twenty million dollar explosion.... car's flip over.... slo mo helicopter overhead.... Bumblebee leapsover garage.... fifty million dollar explosion.... Tyrese Gibbs saying 'bra!' Prime scraping Shia off a wall.... seventy five million dollar explosion... witty cutting edge dialogue exchange....

...apologies that's Transformers 2

Semper Fooey
Ledger's Joker was brilliant, but was it the accurate portrayal of Joker from the comics?? the answer is no..

If they ever make a Batman film in the future with Joker as a villain, if they get a good actor & character right.. noone will complain..
The Joker in the comic books has differed over the years, First ruthless, but not insane. Then no longer a killer. Then later both insane and homicidal. Even then his degree of craziness has varied depending on who was writing him.

Anarchist within reason
I just think it's too soon to bring in somebody else to fit the Joker into the third movie. Don't get me wrong I would have loved nothing more than to see the Joker in the third Batman movie but I don't think it would be the best idea so soon.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
There can be no contemporary Robin because child services would put out an arrest warrent against Batman, he would get very bad press, be villified on talk radio, and Commissioner Gordan would declare him a greater menace than the Joker.

The Joker in the comic books has differed over the years, First ruthless, but not insane. Then no longer a killer. Then later both insane and homicidal. Even then his degree of craziness has varied depending on who was writing him.
Totally agreed..
Ledger's joker was mainly a Psycho-Anarcho-Punk... His character lacked theatrics that Joker is known for...
But since Ledger was inspired from Sid Vicious, I think he did a brilliant job as he took a new direction.. if he hadn't he would have been compared with Jack Nicholson a lot..

Anyway, Casting Joker is too soon.. we will have to wait more than 2 decades.. besides Batman has lots of other cool villains as well..
I like that Calendar guy who was in Long Halloween.

Semper Fooey
I don't think Jack Nicholson was the ideal Joker. He was too old and flabby looking, but would have been perfect if he played him when he was younger, like he was in the ealy 1960s in The Little Shop, of Horrors.

Rule Britannia....
I wouldn't totally agree that Ledger's Joker is completely opposite of the one in the comics.
Because, Nolan said ''The Killing Joke'' released somewhere in 1988, had some influence on his Joker.

I'm not such huge comic book fan as some of you, but I'm kinda glad that Nolan did Batman in his realistic way. And that's something that had to be quite opposite from the comics.

Probably Heath's shocking death, messed up Nolan's vision about the upcoming sequel, but he just may be right that it would be dishonest to Heath if he's going to recast the Joker.

I have heard many people mention Killing Joke.. Have people actually read that comic??...
It's nothing similar to Nolan's Joker...

The only thing that is borrowed from the comic is the Batman-Joker comparison & Joker relationship..

The joker in Killing Joke does have a backstory about getting his face scarred... but Joker here is totally insane.. Ledger's Joker is insane in a Hannibal Lector sort of a way.. Now Joker, he is something else...

I like Mark Hammill's voiceacting for Joker... the maniacal laughter is maddening & crazy..
Also Andrew Koenig portrayed a brilliant Joker in the short film Dead End.

Enough of Joker talk.. Let's talk about The Riddler... how should he be portrayed... costume, etc,,.