The Dark Knight Rises

Tools    

In the interest of TYING his trilogy together so it could be considered three parts to the same movie I say bring TALIA AL GHUL into the third part with RAS as well.

You can have another side villain as well, maybe BLACK MASK, DEACON BLACKFIRE, or RIDDLER....but I think it would look good as a self contained trilogy with a beginning, middle, and end if you go that route.

I will truly miss Christopher Nolan with this franchise I hope the director of the reboot takes the franchise as seriously (while maybe adding supernatural elements!) as he and his brother did. Genius must run in that family.

Rule Britannia....
Christopher Nolan Talks Inception, Superman, and Batman 3 Rumors

Director Christopher Nolan attended the LA Times' Hero Complex Film Festival over the weekend and sat down to be interviewed about his upcoming projects. Nolan's next directorial effort, the thriller Inception, is a movie that Nolan has previously admitted he conceived of when he was 16, but at the Festival, Nolan revealed that it took him 10 years to finish the script.
Inception is something I have been working on for a long time. I've wanted to make a film about dreams really since I was a kid. That idea took various forms over the years. About 10 years ago, I settled on this concept of really a heist movie set around the idea of a technology that allows people to share dreams and the abuse of that technology by a group of people called extractors, that people can, by drawing somebody into your dream, they can find secrets and steal information. That's sort of the beginning of the world, the premise that Inception is launched from.
I first pitched it to Warner Brothers right after we finished Insomnia. They were very interested and wanted me to write it for them. I sort of realized that it's not something I could have ever written on assignment. It's something I needed to go write on spec and show them the finished thing. So I went off to write it and I thought that would take me a couple of months and it took me 10 years. But, it was the right way to go, because when they saw the screenplay, it was a very challenging screenplay to read. It's much easier to watch as a film than it is to read it as a screenplay. By then, having done the Batman films and done Insomnia, I was in a position where they were able to trust me that I could bring these things to life on screen.
Another element that Nolan struggled with was finding the emotional core of the story, something Nolan praised Leonardo DiCaprio with helping solidify.
One of the reasons it took so long to finish the script is I was lacking a strong emotional connection. I'd written a heist movie. Heist movies, it turns out, it's not something I ever realized, tend to be deliberately superficial. They tend to be glamorous and fun and procedural. They tend not to have massive emotional shifts so that wasn’t really enough for me to finish the script. So what I wound up doing is over the years, I figured out how to emotionally connect to the character.
As Leo came on, he’s an actor very much like Guy Pearce was in Memento, who had the task of finding the emotional truth of the character. By being so rigid about that as he is in all his performances, he really needs to know the emotional logic behind why his characters are doing things. I went through that for months with him. I think we really managed to finish the piece, make it something that at least for me — we’ll find out what audiences think in a few weeks — but for me and for the people working on Inception, were able to connect emotionally, not just on a level of being a clever puzzle box of a film.
Another project that Nolan has been linked to is a Superman reboot, with Warner Bros. asking Nolan to "godfather" the movie. Nolan explained how he came to be involved and what exactly his role will be.
It's something I'm doing as a producer, not as a director, but my involvement in it is quite specific which is while David Goyer and myself were wrestling with the story for another Batman film, as we were stuck, he just said to me kind of out of the blue one day that he had a great idea for how to take on Superman. He pitched it to me. I thought it was terrific. I just felt like I didn't want it to not get done, so I went to the studio and said, "Let's have a crack." That's the nature of my involvement.
Of course, Nolan will still be involved with the upcoming Batman 3, which has been given a release date of July 20, 2012. With recent reports confirming Nolan will start shooting the sequel in March of next year, what isn't confirmed is the cast. Internet rumors about Batman 3 have been churning out for years, and its something Nolan says he does his best to avoid.
Honestly, I don't really look at the internet. I think at a very early stage in taking on Batman, I realized it wasn't going to be helpful to look at what they say. I've always taken the view that everybody feels very passionate about these characters and they have a lot of ideas and a lot of thoughts on what should or shouldn't be done. I think underlying it all, all you can really offer as a filmmaker is try to make what you feel is going to be sincerely the best movie you could make. Beyond that, you're never going to be able to keep people happy. You'll hear things from the studio sometimes, it's clear that they've been reading stuff online, but you have to just sort of [let it go]. I got a call saying, "Why did you cast Cher?" So I actually don't have e-mail or a cell phone. It gives me a little more time to think.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
source:http://www.reelzchannel.com/movie-ne...atman-3-rumors

Semper Fooey
Simce this is supposed to be the last in a trilogy, the logical choice of at least one of the characters should be Joe Chill.
http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Joe_Chill

Yeah, Nolan will have to really insist otherwise to stop it from being in 3D. Everyone on the financial side of things is going to want him to, and I can't really blame them. Unless he puts his foot down, it'll probably happen.

Pretty weird that he actually prefers the post-production conversion, given that it seems significantly inferior. But whatever, as long as there's a 2D version for me to watch.

Yeah, Nolan certainly has to put his foot down a lot harder than he did in that interview. I dunno if it's just me but it almost sounded like he was going he almost accepted that it could be 3D which is not like him. He is usually so firm with everything, even towards the studio. He needs to remind Warner Bros that The Dark Knight set every crew member and their grandsons up for life, and that was without the use of 3D. I agree that it if it was to be 3D it's puzzling that he prefers the conversion. Perhaps it's the practicality of shooting in digital he would be most bothered about??

And to be honest, I don't think he even wants to do a third Batman film. I know it's a weak interview to tell from, but if you compare how excited he was about the pre production process of TDK to Batman 3 there seems to be a loss of interest. I dunno, maybe i'm just looking too into it. But since he is looking like he will direct then I say either film the whole film on 65mm or do 35mm with some 65mm and IMAX sequences like he did for TDK. Lets do more to unite against this revived 3D ********.

Simce this is supposed to be the last in a trilogy, the logical choice of at least one of the characters should be Joe Chill.
http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Joe_Chill
He was shot in Batman Begins. Bruce had made up his mind to do it himself, but one of Falcone's agents beat him to it.

Yeah, Nolan certainly has to put his foot down a lot harder than he did in that interview. I dunno if it's just me but it almost sounded like he was going he almost accepted that it could be 3D which is not like him. He is usually so firm with everything, even towards the studio. He needs to remind Warner Bros that The Dark Knight set every crew member and their grandsons up for life, and that was without the use of 3D. I agree that it if it was to be 3D it's puzzling that he prefers the conversion. Perhaps it's the practicality of shooting in digital he would be most bothered about??

And to be honest, I don't think he even wants to do a third Batman film. I know it's a weak interview to tell from, but if you compare how excited he was about the pre production process of TDK to Batman 3 there seems to be a loss of interest. I dunno, maybe i'm just looking too into it. But since he is looking like he will direct then I say either film the whole film on 65mm or do 35mm with some 65mm and IMAX sequences like he did for TDK. Lets do more to unite against this revived 3D ********.
Yeah, I hope you're wrong, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't kinda feel that way to me, too. I don't think it's fully obligatory or anything, but I do think he was far more excited about The Dark Knight than he is about whatever comes next. I think TDK was the story he particularly wanted to tell. And it's not like he has much chance of topping himself in terms of critical acclaim or box office success, either. The film was so massive that it'd be staggering if he refused to do another. You always have a choice, technically, but realistically he kinda has to do it, so that might be part of it.

That said, I don't think he'll proceed until he's got something pretty good to go on. I don't expect another TDK, and probably not even something as good as Batman Begins (which I liked almost as much), but something just a notch below the latter would still be well worth seeing.

I hope this is wrong, though, and that we're reading way too much into it.

Rule Britannia....
I don't particularly agree on the excitement part. Because it is obviuos that he was more excited about TDK than the Batman 3,knowing he was so much into Inception.
I also enjoyed Batman Begins as much as TDK, and there's no indication whatsoever that B3 will be any worse. Inception just maybe hide somewhere his excitement about B3, but I'm sure it will come after the release of Inception ;-)

And it's not like he has much chance of topping himself in terms of critical acclaim or box office success, either. The film was so massive that it'd be staggering if he refused to do another. You always have a choice, technically, but realistically he kinda has to do it, so that might be part of it.

That said, I don't think he'll proceed until he's got something pretty good to go on. I don't expect another TDK, and probably not even something as good as Batman Begins (which I liked almost as much), but something just a notch below the latter would still be well worth seeing.
Yeah, it'll definitely take a miracle for it to surpass TDK. But yeah, it has a chance of being almost as good as Begins.

And you could be onto something there though with him feeling like he has to do it. What if the studio promised him unconditional support for any project he wants to do in exchange for Batman 3? Long shot but just a thought.

I don't particularly agree on the excitement part. Because it is obviuos that he was more excited about TDK than the Batman 3,knowing he was so much into Inception.
I also enjoyed Batman Begins as much as TDK, and there's no indication whatsoever that B3 will be any worse. Inception just maybe hide somewhere his excitement about B3, but I'm sure it will come after the release of Inception ;-)

That's very plausible and your right, not a strong indication, but going by what we know and have read so far there is subtle indications that suggests Nolan isnt too bothered right now. We all just have to wait and see and hope that we are wrong.

Rule Britannia....
City of Scars: Killer 30 Minute Batman Fan Film

Monday, June 21st, 2010
Check out this new Batman fan-film from Bat in the Sun Productions titled, City of Scars. This short film was shot in 21 days over the course of six months on high definition cameras and cost a paltry $27,000 to make. The film was written and directed by Aaron Schoenke (Patient J) and will be available for streaming until July 18th. Check it out below and let us know what you think in the comments!
City of Scars
When the Joker escapes from Arkham and murders the parents of a young boy, Batman recalls the pain of losing his own parents as a child. He is pushed past his limits to the point where his focus becomes revenge on all who stand in his way, including many of Gotham’s underworld. Finally, Batman is forced to look at the psychological profile of his own mind and accept the consequences of his life to find resolve.
[The Shakedown]
While it covers some familiar Bat-territory, I do think it does so with style and grit. I dig that Batman’s voice in City of Scars is so much closer to Kevin Conroy‘s animated Batman instead of Christian Bale‘s gravelly voice in the Christopher Nolan films.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
source:http://scifimafia.com/2010/06/city-o...tman-fan-film/

This is worth seeing,and one of the best(if not the best) Batman fan film related...

Rule Britannia....
Heh. It's Batman: Dead End all over again! Thanks for the link; I'll check it out soon.
nahh, Dead End is rubbish comparing to this, trust me

Rule Britannia....
Nope it isn't.. They are both equally good... Dead End had better acting.. Koenig played an amazing Joker... May his soul RIP.
As far as I'm concerned this one was far more better.
Dead end had its uniqueness, but I didn't like it so much. All those Alien and Predators thingy just didn't get my attention.
On the other note, it's done by 27 years old 'anonymous',huge credit for his job.

I can't really compare both.. Dead end was directed to showcase the directors talent. That's why he included Aliens & Predators..

I like both, but Dead End has a better Joker.. Did you guys know the late actor wa sthe son of Chekov (Star Trek Original TV Series)

Yep. And he's, sadly, the guy who disappeared and passed away recently. Was shocked to learn that awhile back, but I agree, he was fantastic. Very, very creepy.