Movies that are so bad they are good

Tools    

Dedicated Ewan freak forever.
I don't know about you guys, but occassionaly there are some movies that I see that are so unbelievable bad that they are almost good. I am trying to build up my list, although I haven't seen very many of them (they are a rare occurence)

The first on my list would have to be Kalifornia. I don't know if anyone even remembers this movie but it starred Brad Pitt, David Duchovny, and Juliette Lewis. It was just so unintentionally funny and not very thrilling (even though it was supposed to be).

Another would have to be eXistenZ. Some guy in my class was going on and on about how great it was. It was so absurd that when I saw it and I was just laughing my head off. One thing about it that I could not stand was Jennifer Jason Leigh's acting, I can't even describe it. I guess the ending kinda made it better though....

Does anyone have anything to add? I might have a few more later but for now that is all I can think of...

Hmmm...

Well I thought Kalifornia and eXistenz were both pretty good movies.

My favorite so-bad-it's-good movie is Redneck Zombies.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Here's one that's so stupid it's funny...

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Evil Dead
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Since it's fresh in my head, I'll nominate "Scorpion King." You all recommended that I see it, and I did. It was worth the money, maybe because of the Rock maybe because of Kelly Hu, but in any event, it was for the most part entertaining. For those who haven't seen Scorpion King it pretty much has all the typical heroic captures and by-the-book heroic lines. The ending was so predictable - pretty bad - but again, somehow a pretty good movie

I'd have to say Jason X and Jay and Silent Bob Strike back....
Both are classics. I'll sell blood to own these movies.

Guy
Cabin Boy for me. I don't like calling movies that I enjoy bad, but many would consider Cabin Boy very bad and stupid. I think it's funny!

The Doom Generation

But I'm a Cheerleader

The Evil Dead is Sam Raimi (the director of Spiderman)'s first film. It stars one of the greatest actors ever, Bruce Campbell. Its a movie where 5 people go to a cabin in the middle of some haunted woods to camp for the weekend. But things go terribly wrong when a girl is raped by a tree and becomes the walking dead!!!! whoever she bites r scratches also becomes a Zombie!!!! Ash (Campbell) does get cool at the end, but the beginning is so bad that i love it.
The other Evil dead's are hilarious gems also, but they were meant to be. Everyone should see thses movies.

I cant believe no one has said godzilla yet. or mystery science theatre 3000. or gladiator. and saving private gonzo. whata pile of crap.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by mecurdius
The Evil Dead is Sam Raimi (the director of Spiderman)'s first film. It stars one of the greatest actors ever, Bruce Campbell. Its a movie where 5 people go to a cabin in the middle of some haunted woods to camp for the weekend. But things go terribly wrong when a girl is raped by a tree and becomes the walking dead!!!! whoever she bites r scratches also becomes a Zombie!!!! Ash (Campbell) does get cool at the end, but the beginning is so bad that i love it.
The other Evil dead's are hilarious gems also, but they were meant to be. Everyone should see thses movies.
I know that, but it's not one I would say is soo bad it's good. The Evil Dead is a cult classic.

the toxic avenger is so unbelevibly lame its good and i found myself watching it 4 or 5 times, for some strange reason

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
I don't believe this, i've got millions of these kinds of films I love them all so much and now that there's actually a thread about it I can only think of one to add: Bad Taste. grrr. ruff ruff.

Originally posted by Fez Wizardo
i've got millions of these kinds of films I love them all so much and now that there's actually a thread about it I can only think of one to add
I know, I had the same problem when I started this thread. I could only think of a few. I think I should add the Mod Squad. It was enjoyable enough but also very laughable. I can think of a recent movie that was so bad that I didn't even find it enjoyable at all: Bandits

Originally posted by Fez Wizardo
i've got millions of these kinds of films I love them all so much and now that there's actually a thread about it I can only think of one to add
I know, I had the same problem when I started this thread. I could only think of a few. I think I should add the Mod Squad. It was enjoyable enough but also very laughable. I can think of a movie that was so bad that I didn't even find it enjoyable at all: Bandits :sigh:

Radioactive Spider Blood
One of my favorite movies (and one of the dumbest movies) ever is the 80s horror classic Killer Klowns From Outer Space.

If you haven't seen it, you have to. It's a classic flick, no matter how cheesy or unrealistic it is.

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

I don't believe this, i've got millions of these kinds of films I love them all so much and now that there's actually a thread about it I can only think of one to add: Bad Taste. grrr. ruff ruff.
Absolutely! Bad Taste rocks, as does most of Peter Jackson's early stuff--Dead Alive and Meet the Feebles also are so much fun it's both scary and disgusting. Although these movies--most of the ones on here, actually --could also be considered cult classics.

One of my favorite movies (and one of the dumbest movies) ever is the 80s horror classic Killer Klowns From Outer Space.
I hadn't seen that movie in years until I was poking around in the DVD bin and found it on DVD--MGM re-released it as part of the Midnite Movies DVD series. And it's actually a decent DVD, with audio commentary by the Chiodo brothers (and those guys are weird as hell) and a whole slew of featurettes, deleted scenes, bloopers, etc. A must-have for any Klown fan.

Cripes, that sounded like a commercial...

Anywho, more so-bad-they're-good...

Superstar, the Molly Shannon-Mary Katherine Gallagher-SNL vehicle. I laughed so much I cried--this movie also gets my vote for Best Use of a Night Ranger Song.

Friday the 13th, Part VII--the one with the telekinetic chick, played by Lar Park Lincoln. I cheer every time the bitchy blonde (not Ms. Lincoln) gets it in the face with the ax. "I'm going to bed. Wanna come?" Then she opens the door and WHACK! Laugh with me... come on... feel the fun...

This was a tricky question for me to anwser at first but than it came clear, The Titanic. For someone who is popularly called a sensitive guy i just didnt cry, i sat there like hundreds of other ppl in the chair. intruiged by what was happening when EVERYONE already knew the ending! we all knew what happened to the titanic so we all knew the ship had to sink some time and the worst part is i enjoyed it, i prefer action films, comedy even horror but the Tianic when i think about it was anwful i just it

I'll nominate one movie to this thread, and one movie only: Lara Croft: Tomb Raider