MoFo vs. Matrix--the parallels

Tools    

BANNED
This thread is not meant to be entirely serious, so I hope it doesn't spark of a whole new controversy in here!

Anyway, it just occurred to me that there are some interesting parallels between the Matrix and the MoFo scene:

MoFo, like the Matrix, is this imaginary place that exists solely in the collective human imagination and in computer circuitry.

Yoda, like Agent Smith, is the soulless machine who controls MoFo and who has brainwashed the rest of MoFo into submission.

I, on the other hand, am the hapless neophyte to the MoFo scene, who is being unjustly outlawed and hounded by Agent Smith, the nasty machine who rules MoFo.

Any comments, anyone?

Originally Posted by Django
This thread is not meant to be entirely serious, so I hope it doesn't spark of a whole new controversy in here!

Anyway, it just occurred to me that there are some interesting parallels between the Matrix and the MoFo scene:

MoFo, like the Matrix, is this imaginary place that exists solely in the collective human imagination and in computer circuitry.

Yoda, like Agent Smith, is the soulless machine who controls MoFo and who has brainwashed the rest of MoFo into submission.

I, on the other hand, am the hapless neophyte to the MoFo scene, who is being unjustly outlawed and hounded by Agent Smith, the evil machine who rules MoFo.

Any comments, anyone?

Die.

BANNED
Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
Die.
Interesting comment--from the living dead!

BANNED
Originally Posted by Yoda
Does this mean I get to shoot you?
Only in your dreams!

I.e. the collective dream that is the MoFo/Matrix!

Only in your dreams!

I.e. the collective dream that is the MoFo/Matrix!
I'm going to enjoy watching you die, Mr. Gunjikar.

BANNED
Originally Posted by Yoda
I'm going to enjoy watching you die, Mr. Gunjikar.
Brr . . . I'm so scared!

Is that a threat? Am I about to be banned from the MoFo/Matrix?

Put me in your pocket...
Stop lying. You are getting tiresome. If you didn't want controversy you wouldn't have said this....

I, on the other hand, am the hapless neophyte to the MoFo scene, who is being unjustly outlawed and hounded by Agent Smith, the nasty machine who rules MoFo.
...you are so full of **** Django. You keep finding new ways to get attention drawn to yourself....then you try to act like you are "unjustly outlawed."

Django...you're hopeless.

Get off my island
It's not hopeless, it's kinda funny But Django, you're just not cool enough to be Neo. Sorry. Maybe you could be Cypher.

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

Any comments, anyone?
Well, all Django-as-Neo and Yoda-as-Smith bullsh*t aside, I have to say that the theory isn't exactly original, being as how the Internet has always been one of the influences of the story to begin with. Yeah, the parallels between the Matrix and online communities are there. They're supposed to be there.

It all spells "duh."

So, sure, Djangs. You've discovered the secret of the MoFo. Consider your food tubes disconnected and your bald self flushed down into the sewers. The hovership flies overhead, sees that it's you, and passes on by.

I am having a nervous breakdance
In half an hour this thread got 8 replies. When I logged on to MoFo this morning, the The Bell Tolls for Thee, Django thread had gotten about 50 new posts since I logged off last night. Unbelievable...

Anyone in the mood for discussing film?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by Revenge of Mr M
It's not hopeless, it's kinda funny But Django, you're just not cool enough to be Neo. Sorry. Maybe you could be Cypher.
I pictured something a little more like this.

Is that a threat? Am I about to be banned from the MoFo/Matrix?
Not a chance, Trinity.

BANNED
Not bad, Yoda! You might finally be developing a sense of humor!

BANNED
Originally Posted by Mary Loquacious
Well, all Django-as-Neo and Yoda-as-Smith bullsh*t aside, I have to say that the theory isn't exactly original, being as how the Internet has always been one of the influences of the story to begin with. Yeah, the parallels between the Matrix and online communities are there. They're supposed to be there.

It all spells "duh."

So, sure, Djangs. You've discovered the secret of the MoFo. Consider your food tubes disconnected and your bald self flushed down into the sewers. The hovership flies overhead, sees that it's you, and passes on by.
Well, I'll still be hanging around to spread the message of hope, love and joy! There's a whole world outside of MoFo, ya know!

BANNED
Originally Posted by Aniko
Stop lying. You are getting tiresome. If you didn't want controversy you wouldn't have said this.....
Hey, am I to blame if everything I say seems to spark a major controversy? It's not intentional--honest!

Originally Posted by Aniko
...you are so full of **** Django. You keep finding new ways to get attention drawn to yourself....then you try to act like you are "unjustly outlawed."

Django...you're hopeless.
I am not trying to draw attention to myself. I'm just trying to tell it like it is--like I see it.

And by the way, if MoFo was The Matrix, then Django would be Larry Wachowski, AKA Lana Wachowski, one of the creators of "The Matrix" movies and a soon to be transsexual with a dominatrix girlfriend. Oooooh, kinky.

BANNED

You're only saying that because you're bitter!

I thought you would at least try to make an argument here, Uday.
Instead, you've just cemented your "second-coming" fantasy in the minds of those who already suspected it.

I'm really quite bored.

BANNED
Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
I thought you would at least try to make an argument here, Uday.
Instead, you've just cemented your "second-coming" fantasy in the minds of those who already suspected it.

I'm really quite bored.
Hey, if I entertained delusions of grandeur, as you suggest, would I claim to be only human, as I have elsewhere?