Romania
Samoa
Scotland
South Africa
Tonga
Uruguay
USA
Wales

Who do you think will win...................Name your top 3......

My choices are........
1st. New Zealand
2nd. England
3rd. Australia......

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

Originally Posted by Nikki
Who do you think will win...................Name your top 3......

My choices are........
1st. New Zealand
2nd. England
3rd. Australia......

England only second? Out of all the sports we compete in this is the one where we excell at. Putting them anywhere but first by me would show a lack of faith so my order is......

1. England Yay! Go England!
2. New Zealand
3. France

Originally Posted by Revenant
England only second? Out of all the sports we compete in this is the one where we excell at. Putting them anywhere but first by me would show a lack of faith so my order is......

1. England Yay! Go England!
2. New Zealand
3. France
Possibly.........but.....
Their best finish was the 1991 Runners up.................

Keep in mind.........that England's crucial group match is likely to be their third and final one, against South Africa on 18 October.

If they win, they should avoid Australia and New Zealand until the final.

Let the best team win..................

England have been on superb form of late. The five nations cup proved their resiliance but I guess anything is possible.

Definately........yes....

All the games will be televised on Fox Sports...........So if ya got cable........you can watch them all......

Get off my island
England to win! Hope Wilko doesn't get injured though, that would be disaster...

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

I am having a nervous breakdance
Rugby in Sweden is as big as floorball is in Australia I suppose. But when I lived in Ireland in 1999 the world cup just happened to occur and the irish television showed all the games. At first I just thought *sigh* but after a while I fell in love with the sport and watched as many games as I could. I was very impressed with The Old Blacks or whatever the New Zeeland team is called and this huge monster of a guy in particular. There were four guys hanging on to his jersey and legs and still he managed to score. It was really amazing.

So, I don't have a clue about ranking or what kind of shape the different teams are in but I'll go with New Zeeland.

Those ..ah.. what the hell are they called now?? Those "chants" that the teams from the Oceanian countries perform before the games are really cool too.

God, I am such a sport nerd....

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I had the best night in ages last night, just pure fun.

Off my Husband goes to the opening to the world cup, he must have phoned me 5 times on his way there and just as he was going into the opening and the game. I think he was very excited, his brother had 4 tickets and asked 2 friends and my husband to go with him, very generous for a guy with no soul, until he had a heart attack at 44.

So off I go to the local seaside pub to have a drink with a friend, the Pub is rocking when I enter, all tables and chairs gathered around the huge TV screen.

People were dressed in Australian colours, yahooing, singing and generally having fun just like one big happy family. Bunderburg rum gave out things like christmas crackers which when pulled gave you a free drink and a green and gold party hat which most people were wearing.

The opening ceremony was just fantastic as I am sure anyone who saw it would agree. For me the best parts were the aboriginal dancing and the creme de le creme was the Busby Berkley style footballer running with the ball and scoring a try, at which time the cheers in the pub were deafening and electric.

I am not a rugby tragic but I did enjoy the whole thing, and my Husband was still glowing with excitement when he arrived home at the wee hours of the morning.

I must become Caligari..!
Been to 2 games, England VS (DAMN) South Africa and, Soma VS Uraguy, Both good but the sell out ENG V RSA was a hellofalota Fun
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Originally Posted by Hondo333
Been to 2 games, England VS (DAMN) South Africa and, Soma VS Uraguy, Both good but the seel out ENG V RSA was a hellofalota Fun
I have watched at least 3 games with my husband, he said that the England and South Africa was very exciting, I have to take his word for it as i don't know much about the rules etc.

My husband is South African but is an Aussie supporter.

I ate all your bees.
Im not a fan of Rugby but one thing I have noticed is that there are a lot of heavily one sided games, I think they need to cut the amount of World Cup Contenders in half...

Yeah it was really very close intill about the 3/4 point.

The only problem was there where to many South African people there..... sorry, Just a (Really) annoying streotype i have about Whinning White South Africans, Most i have met are all "Ahh i had to flee from my land because i was terroised by n*iggers, Why do they hate us so much, BLAH BLAH",

sorry if i offended any one

Originally Posted by Hondo333
sorry if i offended any one
You haven't offended me, my Husband finds most SA's a pain in the butt, that's why we moved to Wollongong as there are not many here, and the ones that are are very nice and have integrated well.

My Husband is Jewish not Africana, a lot of Africana's really believe that the "black's" had a good life under their rule of oppression.

Get off my island
Think so? WELL YOU'RE WRONG. Check out this poll in the Sydney Morning Herald, not even you lot think you can win

http://smh.com.au/polls/sport/results.html

Originally Posted by Revenge of Mr M
Think so? WELL YOU'RE WRONG. Check out this poll in the Sydney Morning Herald, not even you lot think you can win

http://smh.com.au/polls/sport/results.html
"England to win by more than 30 points - 66%"

Surely not! Of course I would take that though...

Sadly, I won't be able to watch it! Only because I have to get up early and travel up to Newcastle because of the football, so i'll have to make friends with the radio

I ate all your bees.
Rugby is one dodgy game, England has shown how hacked it truly is by winning matches without even scoring a try. Now I dont know about you but as far as im concerned that not really rugby and the rules need to be changed. Hell I dont even like the game but the way the game is being exploited is just plain stupid.

Originally Posted by Sidewinder
Rugby is one dodgy game, England has shown how hacked it truly is by winning matches without even scoring a try. Now I dont know about you but as far as im concerned that not really rugby and the rules need to be changed. Hell I dont even like the game but the way the game is being exploited is just plain stupid.
What do you mean by "exploited"

Originally Posted by Sidewinder
The rules need to be changed.
No they should just have Johnny Wilkinson killed.

I don't watch rugby ever, so I wouldn't have a freakin' clue, but based on what I gathered from the conversations that were taking place around me last night, it was an...

...awesome final! Yahoo!