Gay part 2

Tools    

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
My suggestion to you is that you forget about his sexual preference and treat him with the same amount of respect as you wish to be treated…
Amen to that. It's the Golden Rule for a reason.

I had this basic conversation with one of my classes, about homosexuality and bisexuality. And they surprised me, in general, by being very philosophical and mature about it--and these are college freshmen. Although you always get the one guy who'll say, "Man, if a dude ever hit on me, I'd freakin' punch him."

However, I bless that guy for his existance, because everyone else tends to realize how ridiculous and phobic that attitude sounds (and is). And suddenly you have a discussion and a debate where you once had silence in the classroom.

I miss teaching.

Originally Posted by Mary Loquacious
Although you always get the one guy who'll say, "Man, if a dude ever hit on me, I'd freakin' punch him."
Yeah, his name is Jeremy Shockey and he plays for the NY Giants.

Originally Posted by Mary Loquacious
Amen to that. It's the Golden Rule for a reason.

I had this basic conversation with one of my classes, about homosexuality and bisexuality. And they surprised me, in general, by being very philosophical and mature about it--and these are college freshmen. Although you always get the one guy who'll say, "Man, if a dude ever hit on me, I'd freakin' punch him."

However, I bless that guy for his existance, because everyone else tends to realize how ridiculous and phobic that attitude sounds (and is). And suddenly you have a discussion and a debate where you once had silence in the classroom.

I miss teaching.
Thanks for the lesson, you will always be a teacher just different.

Can I, May I be excused Miss?

when a bi person hears the term "confused" in reference to their sexuality, most just laugh at the sweet ignorance...do you ever consider heteros confused about their sexuality?? most probably not

next time you think about someone's sexuality where it is different to yours, remember a few simple facts...feelings are feelings, love is love, lust is lust...no matter who's perving at who...we are not defined by our sexuality (and i know no one here said that, i'm just pointing it out anyway)

so no, we are not confused...we are quite happy thanks

Originally Posted by n7of9
when a bi person hears the term "confused" in reference to their sexuality, most just laugh at the sweet ignorance...do you ever consider heteros confused about their sexuality?? most probably not

.we are quite happy thanks
When I said confused, I was talking about the guy who works at Wal Mart with Sexy as he is married, and hides the fact that he likes to cross dress, plus other things, what I was trying to say was people had to have a bit more compassion towards him, as he is living a double life, which must be awful.

You are right most of my gay, lesbian or Bi friends are not confused about their sexuality at all, and quite happy like you. Some people may be afraid to come out because of other peoples ignorance.

Have you ever been to the Gay Mardi Gras ball? I went a bout ten years ago and had the best time of my life, we staggered home about 7am

Originally Posted by nebbit
Have you ever been to the Gay Mardi Gras ball? I went a bout ten years ago and had the best time of my life, we staggered home about 7am
glad you liked it Mardi Gras is pretty great (28,000 at the Ball people last year!!!)...but if you are ever game and in Sydney, Sleaze Ball absolutely rules!!! as for 7am...weeeeell, we do get home at 7 (am, pm, who knows) but its definitely NOT the next morning!!! a couple of days later more like it

this year's Sleaze is on October long weekend, 4 October...i won't scar any of you with posting pictures, but am willing to supply a commentary if anyone is interested
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	sleaze.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	1759  

Gay update part 3?
I sat next to the gay guy in the company van! It was ok but when I realized I was sitting as far away as possible in the corner it was kind of funny. lol. We talked a few times and that broke the ice. No more cold shoulder.

Gay update part 4?
Worked together again, all is back to normal.

Gay update part 5?
Sat next to a girl today, we talked at break and at lunch. The guy made a comment like "you two make a good pair" or something. Just a tinge of jealousy in his voice. Btw, the girl is gay too. Maybe she's confused, don't know. Her girlfriend is cute and wears a baseball cap. I found out that there are 3 lesbians and 2 gay guys at work. There are only 15 employees. Strange new world

Originally Posted by n7of9
this year's Sleaze is on October long weekend, 4 October...i won't scar any of you with posting pictures, but am willing to supply a commentary if anyone is interested
I have been to the sleeze ball once, I got sick and fainted on the dance floor and woke up with my friend carrying me out in his arms, I had an allergy to some cream, so missed most of the ball, spent the rest of the night in hospital

I for one would love to see the pictures from the sleeze ball

nebbit, i'll PM you the4 gory details when i come to

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
I HATE how so many people expect you to be a certain way when you're gay because even though I'm not a "Oh, I'm gay, but I'm macho and straight acting!" type, but I'm not all over the top, birdbrainy, "Hey, guess what! I'm gay and so are my clothes!" I don't give a **** about Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, yet there's nothing wrong with flaming homosexuals because I think Christopher Lowell is awesome.

We love you just how you are.

Toose is gay.
J/K. Anyway, me and that guy are good friends now. I'm friends with everybody at my new job now. Everyone is nice.