Universal Studios, Hollywood

Tools    

BANNED
Some weeks ago, I visited Universal Studios right here in Hollywood, CA, and, as I was about to enter, I noticed that the one time entrance fee was just slightly lower than the season ticket. So I went ahead and bought myself an annual pass. And, boy! I made the right decision!

The last several weeks, I've been visiting Universal City pretty regularly over the weekends, and it's a blast!

Yesterday, I stepped into the theme park and was confronted by actors dressed up as the Marvel superheroes--the X-Men, Spiderman and Captain America! It was pretty cool! Tourists were getting their pictures taken with the superheroes and it was pretty amazing.

I then did a tour of Universal Studios, and that is an experience in itself. We saw the actual sets where movies like Psycho and the Grinch were filmed, along with a set of the beach from Jaws. We also saw the set from King Kong with the actual dummy used in that movie. Another set we were taken to was a Mexican frontier town, in which we experienced a simulated thunderstorm and flash flood (from the safety of our tram) and a San Francisco underground station in which we experienced a simulated earthquake!

Another great ride in Universal Studios is the Jurassic Park ride, which simulates the experience of actually visiting the Jurassic Park from the movies, with moving dummies of dinosaurs and other wildlife. As you keep moving through the tour, the dinosaurs apparently break loose and run amok, and you get attacked by a T-Rex and a Velociraptor. It's pretty thrilling stuff!

Yet another amazing show is the Waterworld stunt show, that has to be seen to be believed. And another cool show I saw just yesterday was Spiderman: the Rock Musical --an actual rock musical stage production based on the recent Spiderman movie! It has to be seen to be believed!

There's also a huge movie theater complex (with a gigantic--presumably life-size--statue of the Hulk staring down at you) with a number of IMAX theaters, along with the traditional 70mm. cinemas. In fact, yesterday, I saw The Matrix: Revolutions in IMAX. Maybe that was a bad decision, because it was so darned loud and gripping in IMAX that, at times, I really couldn't tell the difference between the movie and reality! It is totally mind-blowing.

This is a cool vacation spot, and I was wondering if anyone else has visited Universal Studios? I've been having a blast at this excellent theme park for movie buffs.

go away

Originally Posted by SystemicAnomaly
go away
You hate him already? Wow.

I remember going to Universal Studios when I was 12. Back then the themes were Jaws, Battlestar Gallactica, and the TV show Emergency. I was enthralled.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

BANNED
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
You hate him already? Wow.
Well, he's a systemic anomaly, so what do you expect?

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I remember going to Universal Studios when I was 12. Back then the themes were Jaws, Battlestar Gallactica, and the TV show Emergency. I was enthralled.
You should check it out again, man! It's still pretty enthralling! It's like a Disneyland for adults. And the cool thing is that the actual movie studios are right next door (or so it seems).

I used to work for Universal Studios, Florida; and for the most part I thought it was pretty cool. Never been to the Hollywood park though, so this post was pretty interesting for me b/c I have always wanted to know what the difference is. If you ever get a chance you should definitely visit the Florida park during Ocotber for the Halloween Horror Nights event because it is the most fun that I think it is possible to have in one night. Do they have it in the Hollywood park?

BANNED
If they do, I guess I missed it! But I didn't know they had a theme park in Florida too. The LA one is probably not as big, but it's a pretty cool amusement park all the same. It's kind of like a city in and of itself with an excellent shopping mall attached.

The Florida complex has 2 theme parks surrounded by this gigantic entertainment area with really nice restauraunts, night clubs, movie theater, and Hard Rock Live. Its a really cool place to go and just hang out at night.

BANNED
Originally Posted by projectMayhem
The Florida complex has 2 theme parks surrounded by this gigantic entertainment area with really nice restauraunts, night clubs, movie theater, and Hard Rock Live. Its a really cool place to go and just hang out at night.
Wow! I've got to check it out some time. Sounds like one heck of a vacation spot! Is it in Miami or Orlando?

It's in Orlando

BANNED
Originally Posted by projectMayhem
It's in Orlando
Well, some day, when I get some vacation time, I will make the trip! Thanks for the info!