The Ups and Downs of Your Day Tab

Tools    

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
can't keep referring to her as "Record Shop Girl." lol..

Downs: Spent a whole week studying for one exam and got freaked out when i got to the actual exam room and went blank.

Downs: Everyone has finished their exams and are on holidays and i'm stuck studying for another exam on tomorrow, which i havent studied for at all. Good Times.

history *is* moralizing
ohh, i'm sure you'll manage just fine, Thrilly! we miss yr posts here!
good luck and patience!!:-)

Originally Posted by Ultimate_Thrill
Downs: Everyone has finished their exams and are on holidays and i'm stuck studying for another exam on tomorrow, which i havent studied for at all. Good Times.
Good Luck Thrillgirl

I'm not old, you're just 12.
downs: my computer wont let me play the Sims 2 for some unknown reason. me and my brother are taking bets on whether my father will bother to come home for thanksgiving, and I am kinda getting my holiday depression going.

Ups: My little sister is teaching me to speak French! "Je m'appelle Shawn." She's lucky, they don't have thanksgiving in the U.K.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
My little sister is teaching me to speak French! "Je m'appelle Shawn.".
enchanté, Monsieur Shawn!

ups: i guess i've moved past certain obstacles...

downs: still can't solve a lot of problems

Ups: nothing too great happened.
Downs: Well my friend has pneumonia and I thought I would be kind and bring him over some soup and fresh fruit. When I got there I found out that his mom had the same idea. She got there before me and he was full. He told me I might as well bring the soup home cuz he won't eat it. Also I spent $6 on fruit and all he said was, "oh well I don't like oranges and I have way too much fruit now" I got a little upset so I took the oranges and threw them on the floor. I picked them up and brought them home eventually. I left the rest of the fruit there and left. I was quite upset. I get no thanks for anything i do lately. It's not like I am only doing it for the "Thank you". I do it because I think the person would like it and I know what it is like to be sick and when someone goes out of their way to bring you soup and fresh fruit, I am greatful. But no one does that for me, so maybe I will stop doing anything for people.

I'm sure that he was grateful, but when ur really sick, you sometimes forget manners.

Yeah, I am sure he was greatful. I was just in a rotten mood yesterday and should have stayed in under my covers cuz it just got worse and worse as the day progressed.

Originally Posted by gummo
Yeah, I am sure he was greatful. I was just in a rotten mood yesterday and should have stayed in under my covers cuz it just got worse and worse as the day progressed.
You are always welcome here we will cheer up your day

Well a down of my day was college. I knew I had a history test, and I had work last night. I didn't finish work until about 11, and knew I couldn't revise much, so I read all my notes in bed and fell asleep doing so. Still, I felt quite prepared. I went in, did the test and I'm pretty sure, did quite well. A weight left my shoulders. I went on to my next lesson, English, kinda looking forward to just relaxing and winding down. I walked into the room and all the desks were set up with exam papers. Aparantly we'd had our mock exam scheduled for a few weeks and should have been revising. I didn't have a god-damn clue what I was talking about and did about half a side of A4 in an hour and a half. I did spend the lesson laughing with a cute girl, but that wasn't much of a replacement. My lecturer was silently fuming when I handed my paper in.

ups: i've finally got my academic life back on track

downs: i know that i've over looked something, something is about to go wrong

Man, I spent all day covering my bum at work. That's pathetic, dont you think? I mean, I just got hired on this job not quite a month ago, and ALREADY I have to cover my bum with a lengthy paper trail just so I wont get blamed for the CRAP they have going on.

Im still NEW thank you very much.

The SCARY thing about it? My boss lies like water and sits next to me, so I hear her do it all the time---it pisses me off that she lies to people about ME. I get the blame. The lackey underlings are trying to get me to do their work---worst mistake they ever made was try to outdo me on the CYOA game. Im twisted in this game.

The only reason I felt remotely good today is because I spent all day copying my boss's boss on all my emails out, and the lackey's boss on all the emails I sent to her. They spent all day frustrated because I was DOING MY JOB publicly and that ALONE was making them look bad.

Its pathetic when you have to dump on the new person in order to cover your bum. Her job might should be in jeopardy. And seriously---if I am the entire colossal problem in this place, who the HECK was the problem before I came? YOU, that's who!

Sad thing about it?

She liked it. I kid you not. Weird as all get out---she was pissed off at first and started writing me up on files that werent completed in the correct order because they went outside of the stream file life based on HER istructions! Petty. AND pathetic. Then, by the end of the day, it was like she had this little begrudging respect or something. I dont know--she's such a liar, so who knows?

So what am I to do? I dont want to be antagonistic in my first month on the job, but I feel alienated, ostracized, used, and left out hanging in the wind to dry by the very people who should be protecting me as a part of their team.

Ive had terrors for bosses, but I PROMISE you I have not to this day had a boss who did not protect his team. HE might tear me a new bum but no one ELSE was going to. These people are such wusses and lackeys theyre forcing their own workers to suffer the ill-placed wrath of others.

And you know what? I CAN protect myself. But protecting me means screwing you.

I think it incredibly pathetic that I have to protect myself from my own boss's lies in my first month on the job.

Originally Posted by mack
I think it incredibly pathetic that I have to protect myself from my own boss's lies in my first month on the job.
I think it is pathetic no matter how long you have been there.