General Hall of Fame discussion thread

Tools    

You're quite right, gbg. I thought they were seperate. I certainly think they'll work better seperately as I've little to no interest in watching sci-fi, whereas I might have a go at the Creature Features.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Can we split the B Movie creature features and science fiction movies HoF into two separate HoFs?

Reading through this thread, it sounds like it's going to be mostly creature features, and very little sci-fi stuff. I was looking forward to this one for the sci-fi stuff, but it sounds like it's becoming the Horror HoF Part II.
I'm just talking about the creature feature part of it because science fiction is pretty well defined.

There isn't one movie nominated in the Horror HoF that would be eligible in this one, so no it won't be anything like it.

Do to time constraints and interest, I'd rather not separate the two although a science fiction only one could certainly be ran in the future. I really see creature features being far more closely related to science fiction than horror. I don't get all the creature feature/ horror comparisons.

I didn't read all the other posts about wanting to separate it.

I guess it's looking as people aren't going to have interest in both, so I'll go ahead and separate them, but I can't guarantee when the science fiction one will run.

I know a lot of people have expressed interest in documentaries.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I didn't read all the other posts about wanting to separate it.

I guess it's looking as people aren't going to have interest in both, so I'll go ahead and separate them, but I can't guarantee when the science fiction one will run.

I know a lot of people have expressed interest in documentaries.

I'm not in a hurry for the sci-fi HoF, but I just don't want to get bombarded with a bunch of movies about giant bugs, or with my luck, someone will nominate Earth vs. the Spider, or even worse, Arachnaphobia.

It's fine with me. I'm really only interested in the creature feature part.

I thought it would generate more interest by putting them together but it seems as if it would actually be the opposite.

I'm not in a hurry for the sci-fi HoF, but I just don't want to get bombarded with a bunch of movies about giant bugs, or with my luck, someone will nominate Earth vs. the Spider, or even worse, Arachnaphobia.
I'm in no hurry for a sci-fi HoF either. Creature Feature first is good

I can understand gbgoodies concerns. Maybe if a spider movie was nominated, she could be PMed and given the opportunity to drop out before the Hof starts. That way she could participate with a 'safety net'. And if she dropped out before it starts, no one is forced to watch a movie that won't be counted.

I'm in no hurry for a sci-fi HoF either. Creature Feature first is good

I can understand gbgoodies concerns. Maybe if a spider movie was nominated, she could be PMed and given the opportunity to drop out before the Hof starts. That way she could participate with a 'safety net'. And if she dropped out before it starts, no one is forced to watch a movie that won't be counted.

I'm not planning to join the creature feature HoF, so feel free to nominate anything you'd like.

Oh, I thought it sounded like you might join. So never mind the PM safety net safe suggestion.

Nah, creature features isn't really my thing, but I'm interested in a sci-fi HoF, as long as it's not sci-fi/horror.

Raul will be running HoF # 7, so if anyone wants to run one in the near future, it will have to be a specialty one.

Also anytime someone wants to get a short one going feel free. The last one had some fantastic nominations.

So here is a tentative schedule of the next speciality HoFs.

B movie Creature Features ran by Godoggo
Musicals ran by Mistique
Documentaries ran by ...... Anyone want to run this one? I'm joining all three of these regardless. So I can be there if you're unsure but if you'd like the drivers seat,
Docs are open.

Also remember that anyone wanting to could run a short HoF at anytime. It's the others that need scheduling.