0%
0 votes
the godthumb
0%
0 votes
the blair thumb
6 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Enemies are so stimulating.

hey...in hmv in england i have seen loads of these movies that are like real movies but they star ppls thumbs. they look so wierd. there are quite a few of them. you can get them on amazon. they look really funny. probably a pile of **** though lol. i just wanted to know if anyone had seen them. Steve Oedekerk writes them.
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

Do you know my poetry?
I've heard of them and I actually was going to see one but then I saw one of his movies, "Kung Pow enter this fist", oh my god it was HORRIBLE!I wish I could bvack those 90 minutes to see a good movie.I rented that over "the Royal Tenenbaums" and I never forgave myself.So now I've seen his movie, I dont wanna see more of his work.And also the thumb movies look like pieces of ****

yeah i agree with you...they do look rubbish but the funny pictures of them on the front just make me wanna see them. they look so silly. everytime i see them in hmv i wanna buy them but am put off by the fact that the videos cost £10. thats a lot incase you dont know. a video in hmv normally costs anything under £5. maybe ill try and rent them.

have you seen royal tenenbaums? its so good. i havent seen Kung Pow enter this fist but he did bruce almighty didnt he? i liked that.

Originally Posted by Ezikiel
I've heard of them and I actually was going to see one but then I saw one of his movies, "Kung Pow enter this fist", oh my god it was HORRIBLE!I wish I could bvack those 90 minutes to see a good movie.I rented that over "the Royal Tenenbaums" and I never forgave myself.So now I've seen his movie, I dont wanna see more of his work.And also the thumb movies look like pieces of ****
Kung Pow: Enter the Fist is one of the funniest movies I've seen in my entire life. At least twice, my eyes actually teared from the laughter, and I damn near choked on the hysteria a few times, too.

That said, if you didn't like that, you might not like the thumb movies either, though I'd wager that they have a much broader appeal (Thumb Wars, in particular) than Kung Pow.

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by sisboombah
yeah i agree with you...they do look rubbish but the funny pictures of them on the front just make me wanna see them. they look so silly. everytime i see them in hmv i wanna buy them but am put off by the fact that the videos cost £10. thats a lot incase you dont know. a video in hmv normally costs anything under £5. maybe ill try and rent them.

have you seen royal tenenbaums? its so good. i havent seen Kung Pow enter this fist but he did bruce almighty didnt he? i liked that.
I have seen The Royal Tenenbaums and I loved it.Probably one of the best movies of the year 2002.I did see Bruce Almighty and I liked it, I forgot he did that, I believe he was a screenwriter for the movie, I was so surprised that he wrote a funny movie.

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by Yoda
Kung Pow: Enter the Fist is one of the funniest movies I've seen in my entire life. At least twice, my eyes actually teared from the laughter, and I damn near choked on the hysteria a few times, too.

That said, if you didn't like that, you might not like the thumb movies either, though I'd wager that they have a much broader appeal (Thumb Wars, in particular) than Kung Pow.
I thought Kung Pow was a horrible movie, I did laugh at about 2 parts of the movie, for the rest I was either bored or thought the scene was just stupid.(him fighting with cow and so many more)I cant believe I wasted money to rent this movie, his writing in this movie was just un-funny

A novel adaptation.
Originally Posted by Yoda
I thought of that movie as being What's up, Tiger Lily? without the, you know, funniness or originality of concept.
IMO, Steve Odekirk is a plague upon our nation.

Originally Posted by Herod
Steve Odekirk is a plague upon our nation.
you wont be seeing bat thumb then?

I must become Caligari..!
God these movies are so lame, So i just chose the one i saw first because it was new and diffrent.
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I thought Kung Pow was a good movie. Very Funny.

I haven't seen any of those thumb movies though......

I think Steve Odekirk has a very hysterical imagination with those thumb movies. Ever since I went on his thumb.com site a long long while back, he was just just promoting a movie called The Thumbs about a family of thumbs. It looked kinda ridiculous yet, thats my kinda humor.
Then, on the site things changed. Thumbtantic appeared with behind the scenes and a "coming soon to a theater near you" . Joke naturaally. Time went by till the advent of the DVD releases and The Thumbs was just a promo ...while Thumbtantic was the 1st release. Followed by Thumb Wars: The Phantom Cuticle, The Blair Thumb, Bat Thumb, Frankenthumb and The Godthumb.
According to the site, coming soon, there will be ones such as WTW World Thumb Wrestling, The Thumbatrix and The Thumbersons.
May Steve bring us more thumbentertainment !!!

Originally Posted by jrs
I think Steve Odekirk has a very hysterical imagination with those thumb movies. Ever since I went on his thumb.com site a long long while back, he was just just promoting a movie called The Thumbs about a family of thumbs. It looked kinda ridiculous yet, thats my kinda humor.
Then, on the site things changed. Thumbtantic appeared with behind the scenes and a "coming soon to a theater near you" . Joke naturaally. Time went by till the advent of the DVD releases and The Thumbs was just a promo ...while Thumbtantic was the 1st release. Followed by Thumb Wars: The Phantom Cuticle, The Blair Thumb, Bat Thumb, Frankenthumb and The Godthumb.
According to the site, coming soon, there will be ones such as WTW World Thumb Wrestling, The Thumbatrix and The Thumbersons.
May Steve bring us more thumbentertainment !!!
cool. i might check out that website

The Adventure Starts Here!
There is hope for those of you who didn't like Kung Pow. I wasn't thrilled with it, either, but I ADORE the thumbs movies. As long as you've seen the original movie he's parodying, you'll love the thumb movies. They are a riot, my favorites being Thumb Wars, then Blair Thumb, then a tie between Godthumb and Thumbtanic.

You can hate Kung Pow and still love the thumb movies.

I believe Showtime often plays these things (we've taped them all), so if you get Showtime, search for them. You won't be disappointed.

Linda