TERRY GILLIAM appreciation thread

Tools    

Jeebus. Could the saga of this film be more dramatic?

First of all, here is the second trailer that was released for The Man Who Killed Don Quixote, which I found even more exciting as it showcases some of the modern day framing tale and that Gilliamesque sense of humor and not just the visuals of the Quixote parts.

Secondly, Gilliam announced he is going to premiere the film at the Cannes Film Festival! Hot frickin' damn! But then one of the former producers from the first attempt, Paulo Branco, was suing to stop the screening and release. And then, the day before the French court was going to render their decision, Gilliam suffered a minor stroke! For f*ck's sake.

The court ruled in his favor, Branco has no rights to the film, and Terry returned home from the hospital last night.

All seems to be cleared for the premiere screening (out of competition) of The Man Who Killed Don Quixote as the closing feature of the 71st Cannes Film Festival on May 19th (next Saturday).

You know, assuming Gilliam's plane doesn't crash into the theater.

Stay tuned!

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Must be doin sumthin right
Looks like a fun throwback but then I remember thinking that after the original Brothers Grimm trailer and when I tried to rewatch that recently I couldn't make it all the way through. Hope this is good