What are you favorite action films?

Tools    

Do you know my poetry?
What do you think are the best action films? My last favorite action film was The Matrix Reloaded.

Terminator 2: Judgement Day would probably have to be my favourite action movie - this movie kicks ass!

Cameron is a genius!

Do you know my poetry?
T2 is also one of my favorite action films of all time, It has a great story plus some of the best action I've ever seen Like the Helicopter - car chase scene, that scene was awesome.I love the whole Terminator series, but my favorite is probably " The Terminator ".

Do you know my poetry?
One of my favorite action film is also " Raiders of the Lost Arc " .This was an excellent action films, I love the car chase at the end, one of the best car chases I've seen in a action picture.I gotta say Harrison Ford is the greatest actor ever in my opinion, he comes out in 2 of the best trilogies ever made, Star Wars Trilogy and of course The Indiana Jones Trilogy.I also have to give credit to George Lucas and Steven Spielberg, these 2 guys are genius.

Raiders of the Lost Ark.
And by "car chase at the end", do you mean the truck chase in the middle of the film?

Gunga Din (1939 - George Stevens) gets my vote. Raiders of the Lost Ark and Die Hard are my favorites from more recent years.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Hard-Boiled, The Killer, A Better Tommorow and Die Hard (just to have a Hollywood film around).

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Raiders of the Lost Ark.
And by "car chase at the end", do you mean the truck chase in the middle of the film?

Gunga Din (1939 - George Stevens) gets my vote. Raiders of the Lost Ark and Die Hard are my favorites from more recent years.
Well isn't the truck chase in like 3/4 during the movie?I dont know I havn't seen it in a long time, but a great great movie.

Well, to be more precise, it begins approximately eighty-two minutes into the film, which is one-hundred and fifteen minutes long. So about two thirds of the way through. I don't consider that "at the end" (the opening of the Ark is at the end, the U.S. Government packing it in an impossibly cavernous warehouse is the CODA), but perhaps you do.

Anywho, yes, it's a brilliant action sequence, punctuated by what I think is John Williams' best bit of scoring ever. Raiders of the Lost Ark will always remain one of my very favorite movies.

Here are just a few of my action faves:

Legend of Drunken Master
Boondock Saints
The Indy Movies (all of them)
T2
(etc)

Hi
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Well, to be more precise, it begins approximately eighty-two minutes into the film, which is one-hundred and fifteen minutes long.
I hope you didn't have that memorized..

Any Man who can jump from a plane and land on a Horse, dressed in a purple skin tight jump suit has my vote:

The Phantom

I hope you didn't have that memorized.
No, Tuna, I didn't. But I'm quite capable of spinning the LaserDisc and simply reading at what point in the movie the scene takes place. T'aint complicated.

altho dumb, i loved it because of the age i was when i first saw it, but The Big Hit was one of my all time favorite action movies, i also loved T2, True Lies, Eraser, Assasins, Desperado...but the one that takes the cake my ultimate fav. has to be Tango and Cash lol almost every movie i named was stupid but loveable.

We're no longer called Sonic Death Monkey. We're on the verge of becoming Kathleen Turner Overdrive, but just for tonight, we are Barry Jive and his Uptown Five. -Jack Black (High Fidelity)

"I can't help it..."
Fav action movies:

Die Hard trillogy
The Matrix 1 & 2
T2: Judgement Day
Bad Boys
Con Air
Chill Factor
Desperado
Batman Returns
Spider-Man
Daredevil
X-Men 2
Hulk
Seven Samurai
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

i just have to add another one of my all time favorites: The Rock

The Future Ed Wood
The Rock
Hardboiled
Die Hard
T2

All been mentioned but all classics.

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

What is Jurassic Park? A thriller? An action film?
Either way, I love Jurassic Park. One of my most memorable cinema-going experiences ever.

I notice that someone has mentioned The Seven Samurai, which I happen to consider the second best film of all time, so I guess I should consider it a great "action film" also. For the record though, The Seven Samurai is so much more to me than just an "action film", and so personally, I would never go as far as to pigeonhole it like that.