Has Paul W. S. Anderson made any good films?

Tools    

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I wanted to know what you guys think. Has Paul W. S. Anderson made any good films?

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
I wanted to know what you guys think. Has Paul W. S. Anderson made any good films?
Not that I know of.

This Alien Vs Predator thing, is Sigourney going to be in it? She's not, right? Is the Ripley character in int?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Not that I know of.....

The Future Ed Wood
I hate this man. He ruined the Resident Evil series. The first was meant to be scary and dark, not the total oposite. The final shot of the city is the only good thing in the film.

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

I thought there were three good things:

The Red Queen
The End
The structuring of the villains and their interactions at the end

The last one is complicated......there was a lot that could've been done for the film....it could've been really good....shame....

Hi
As a fan of the Mortal Kombat series I like him for that and it (the first) is known by many as the movie that broke the crappy videogame adaptation trend.. but perhaps the effect isn't as great for a normal moviegoer

He hasn't made anything brilliant, but I liked Event Horizon (except the crappy ending) and Soldier all right.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Being a video game fan, I thought Mortal Combat was a fair movie, nothing great, but not too bad. Of course everytime I think of Mortal Combat now I think of the 2nd movie and get sick.

The only good movie his made, I feel, is Event horizon. MK was OK.
RE was disappointing. I mean he could have done so more with it, the atmosphere should have been creepier, the characters should have been from the game(C'mon, Wesker would have being awesome) and the zombies should have actually looked like zombie not like some pale faced junkies. If you want a visual cue of how the movie should have been then you should play Resident Evil, The Remake on Gamecube, now a movie like that would have been excellent.
How mad would the Crimison Heads have been if they were in the movie.

Evolution in Progress...
I really like Event Horizon, and I feel personally that one of the reasons that so many people dislike RE, is because it had to meet the expectations of one of the greatest video game series. MK was alright (and personally I love Christopher Lambert... even movies like Beowulf) so i liked it alright... as for Soldier...**** i didnt even know he did that but Soldier was alright too. I wouldn't say he is a great director... but as a huge sci-fi fan i can only hope for greatness in AvP, and personally I'd like to see a new character other than Ripley (she is awesome...don't get me wrong, but I want something new)...and maybe another tweaker like Hudson, and another hottie like Vasquez for the new AvP movie

"Some people have a gift for stupidity,an almost mystic ability to withstand any form of logic."-David Gemmell

When I become and Evil Lord dominating all mankind to my will if an advisor says to me "My liege, he is but one man. What can one man possibly do?", I will reply "This." and kill the advisor.

Everyone seems to think that he ruined the Resident Evil series, but I think he just made it the only way possible for the screen. If you were expecting a direct remake of the original game then you were already having false dillusions. What will be interesting is to see if RE:Apocalypse is good, b/c everyone was disappointed with the first movie, but now since they've had time to get used to the idea of it being different they should enjoy the 2nd movie more, if it is any good.
I have enjoyed every one of his films so far, they haven't been masterpieces of cinema, but were any of us really expecting that with any of them? I mean come on...