Worst final scene

Tools    

I'm a Big Fat Dynamo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by allthatglitters
no they never filmed the scouring of the shire- didn't happen. The extended cut shall include (or so the secret eyes have it) some or maybe even alot of House of Healing That's my favorite part in the books and I must say I cried when i found out it didn't make the theatrical. There should also be some extensions on all the battle scenes and we see the end of Sarumon- which by the way we found out wasn't going to happen in the theatrical from ROTK along time ago I was trying to find it in archives but I couldn't remember what time of year it was when I heard about it. I am also hoping for more dialogue between some really great charcters that just didn't get alot of time to really show their full potential, the acting could definately carry all of the cast and I am looking forward to seeing some extensions to all the great performances.

I hated the ending to 'The Matrix Revolutions', also, even though I absolutely LOVED the movie I was so upset with the end of 'All Quiet on the Western Front' but really more like the last two minutes of it.
I thought they did film the scouring of shire and then cut it out, which is why christopher lee took the hump and didn't attend the premier?

Originally Posted by mack
The Hunted. That killing of Benico Del Toro by an older, slower, unblooded Tommy Lee Jones was just unrealistic and hard to believe. My incredulity outweighed all my enjoyment of the movie and caused it to take a fast nosedive into the pile of Scum Under My Shoe, a place which is reserved for, as mentioned, scum.
Reminds me of his fight with wesley snipes in "U S Marshels"

Originally Posted by Escape
Reminds me of his fight with wesley snipes in "U S Marshels"

So true! So true! Although I really enjoy those US Marshal movies. Something about Tommy Lee Jones' craggy-faced self playing the gritty team leader catching the bad guys. I can stomach a lot of imagination stretching, but the Hunted defied the limits. I think youve encapsulated my incredulity in your expression: :roll:

Bad Morther****er
I really hated the ending of The Purple Rose of Cairo. I thouhght it was a great movie up to that point. I don't think Allen did enough foreshadowed the ending well enough. The movie didn't earn that ending.
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

Taxi Drivers was... I don't know. It left too many people confused and was too ambiguous to round off an otherwise flawless movie. It's fine having a film which has a moral that's 'open to interpretation', but when your climactic scene is so inherantly confusing it spoils the rprevious two hours somewhat...

So true! So true! Although I really enjoy those US Marshal movies. Something about Tommy Lee Jones' craggy-faced self playing the gritty team leader catching the bad guys. I can stomach a lot of imagination stretching, but the Hunted defied the limits. I think youve encapsulated my incredulity in your expression: :roll:
Well I enjoyed US marshals also, but in the hunted he was the teacher who knew how to put one in certain holds and such and didn't really need to match strength with his opponent.This to me gave more credibility to del toros demise by the hands of tommy lee. In us marshals he was actually wrestling with snipes and holding his own. It just seem doubtful with his lanky physique and age that he could accomplish this.

Ok, How to Deal was based on two books, one of them was Someone Like You. Most of the movie was more based on that book than the other one.

I hated the ending in the movie because she gives him another chance and get back together!

If you read the book you would totally know what I meant and hate the ending of the movie too.

If you haven't read the book, ten you need to. They totally didn't do it justice!

Originally Posted by Escape
Well I enjoyed US marshals also, but in the hunted he was the teacher who knew how to put one in certain holds and such and didn't really need to match strength with his opponent.This to me gave more credibility to del toros demise by the hands of tommy lee. In us marshals he was actually wrestling with snipes and holding his own. It just seem doubtful with his lanky physique and age that he could accomplish this.

*clucks tongue* ah, ah, ah. See. Normally I would agree with you! But in the Hunted, Jones specifically explained that he had NEVER killed a man before. He had NEVER been in a situation that called for him to need to kill an opponent! So Im like---whaaaat? Youre kidding, right? I mean, it is already far-fetched for me to believe that a completely green unblooded man is qualified to train military men to defend themselves, when all he has to share is theoretical knowledge! To top that off, they pit him against Del Toro, who, in the movie at least, is KNOWN to have been a successful killer. How does a man who has never been called upon to fight, and had never killed a man, best a younger, stronger man, who HAS killed many others already? Unbelievable. Completely unbelievable.

Although, Id be willing to believe that Del Toro wanted to die, and let Jones kill him. From that angle, it almost makes sense.....

[quote=mack But in the Hunted, Jones specifically explained that he had NEVER killed a man before. [/quote] I can't recall this but I'll take you're word for it.

I mean, it is already far-fetched for me to believe that a completely green unblooded man is qualified to train military men to defend themselves, when all he has to share is theoretical knowledge!
Well, I kind of find it hard to believe that every military trainer out there has been involved in real combat some point in his life.

To top that off, they pit him against Del Toro, who, in the movie at least, is KNOWN to have been a successful killer.
Well, I agree here that del toro is a successfull killer and an excellent one at that. I'm just not saying it's impossible to be taken down by an older opponent who has "theoretical" knowledge of how to fight.

How does a man who has never been called upon to fight, and had never killed a man, best a younger, stronger man, who HAS killed many others already? Unbelievable. Completely unbelievable.
But experienced killing doesn't mean automatic victory against one who has no experience in killing. I'm sure there are trainers out there who would choke if they happened to be in such a situation and I'm also sure that there are trainers out there who could find it within them to dig deep and bring forth this kill or be killed attitude if they need to. There's also people out there who can remember everything they've learned over the years and instinctivley use these tools under pressure even if it their first time.

All in all I still find it unlikely that tommy lee could have defeated del torro but not impossible. So we aggree for the most part.

K-Pax that just pissed me off. Was he a nut or wasn't he?

Pirates of The Carribean

Originally Posted by FigNewton
K-Pax that just pissed me off. Was he a nut or wasn't he?
WARNING: "k-pax" spoilers below
It kind of left it up to your imagination. I believe that he was a real alien that took over the human body and left when he said he would. I say this because of his unusual ability to map the location of the stars that were still more theoretical from an astronomers perspective.

Welcome to the human race...
I can't see how the ending of 2001 could fit in with the rest of it. First Dave ends up flying through a strange psychedelic nightmare then ends up in a room, observing himself as he quickly ages, then he becomes that strange "star child". What's up with that?