Movies You Anticipated To Be Good That Turned Out To Be Disappointing

Tools    

Hidalgo (2004) I knew it wasn't going to be super-special or anything, but I did really expect it to be worth two hours of my time. Even with Viggo, I was pretty dissapointed.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

Originally Posted by allthatglitters
Hidalgo (2004) I knew it wasn't going to be super-special or anything, but I did really expect it to be worth two hours of my time. Even with Viggo, I was pretty dissapointed.
I havent seen it yet but was looking forward to doing so.
What did you not like about it?

It was a bit too long and just not all I thought it was going to be. I saw it when it came out and now can't remember what I disliked about it.

It was a bit too long and just not all I thought it was going to be. I saw it when it came out and now can't remember what I disliked about it.
The commercials make it out to be an non-stop action adventurous type movie. That's what catches my attention with this flick.

It wasn't. In fact there were several times when you were like "Ok....ok we've seen him ride into the sunset 15 times already"

It wasn't. In fact there were several times when you were like "Ok....ok we've seen him ride into the sunset 15 times already"
Oh man, you're depressing me now. I was really looking forward to seeing this movie.

Generally my expectations have been lower, so the films I have seen:

Spider-man 2
Lost In translation
The Last Samurai

Have rather exceeded expectations, although none of them are by any means, masterpieces.

Bad Morther****er
The Matrix Reloaded - What a flaming pile of Sh*t that was.
Donnie Darko - Damn if my friends didn't build this one up.
Star Wars Episode(s) 1 and 2 - Won't make that mistake again
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

I am having a nervous breakdance
I won't say I didn't like Mystic River but I thought it was going to be better.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by Urban Cowboy
Star Wars Episode(s) 1 and 2 - Won't make that mistake again
So even though everybody knows (or thinks they know) what happens in Episode III, you won't be a single bit tempted to even rent it when in comes out on DVD?

Your Puuuur-fect Movie Companion!
Originally Posted by Escape
Oh man, you're depressing me now. I was really looking forward to seeing this movie.
It wasn't that bad Escape, I enjoyed it, and so did my significant other. The action sequences are reminiscent of Indiana Jones movies actually - and I can't say that a Hollywood movie has actually featured a half-blood Red Indian in Arabia before. It breaks new grounds, like how The Last Samurai did. Perhaps not the best movie in history, but definitely worth a watch.

"Never let a dog pick what you watch."

Originally Posted by KittyJunkie
It wasn't that bad Escape, I enjoyed it, and so did my significant other. The action sequences are reminiscent of Indiana Jones movies actually - and I can't say that a Hollywood movie has actually featured a half-blood Red Indian in Arabia before. It breaks new grounds, like how The Last Samurai did. Perhaps not the best movie in history, but definitely worth a watch.
So are there enough action sequences throughout the movie to maintain that kind of level?

Not to repeat what others have said I'm just recapping/agreeing

-Kill Bill 1&2
-The Missing
-Royal Tenebaums
-Matrix revolutions (They should have stopped after 1 the 2 was boring but th 3rd was just crap)
-Big Fish (Almost seen it in theaters stupid me. Thank god I only wasted the 3 bucks to rent this boring piece of crap)
-The Cat in the Hat (BLAH! I expected more from Mike myers!)
-The Hulk (I grew up watching the TV mini series as well as the comic so I would have been satisfied if it would have lived up to either of them but it failed miserably)
-White Chicks (I thought it would have been much funnier but it almost forced you to laugh at stupid one liners)

Pirates of The Carribean

Your Puuuur-fect Movie Companion!
Originally Posted by Escape
So are there enough action sequences throughout the movie to maintain that kind of level?
There are... enough. A lot of character building on an Arabian girl, her father and Viggo's character - which I thought was more interesting than the action scenes. But that's just me.

Originally Posted by KittyJunkie
There are... enough. A lot of character building on an Arabian girl, her father and Viggo's character - which I thought was more interesting than the action scenes. But that's just me.
Thanks kittyjunkie, I think I will check it out after all.

Bad Morther****er
So even though everybody knows (or thinks they know) what happens in Episode III, you won't be a single bit tempted to even rent it when in comes out on DVD?
Oh I'll go watch it, but I'll just lower my expectations. I'm just saying I'm not going on the first week, and I'm certainly not expecting a film gem

Oh I'll go watch it, but I'll just lower my expectations. I'm just saying I'm not going on the first week, and I'm certainly not expecting a film gem
you would have to wait in line to go the first week

Bad Morther****er
After the first two, I don't know that you would. Maybe the first 3 days, but then all the fanactics will have been satisfied.

I'm kind of like you. I wasn't too fond of episode 1. Episode 2 was alright but not great. As for episode 3 I don't expect it to top the originals but I do expect it to top the pequels. And of course there is one small thing that is attracting me to this final show. Vadar...with his original voice included.
Ahhhh. It will take me back to my sweet innocent childhood again.