Did anyone else think Across the Universe was a travesty?

Tools    

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
I must have listened to "If I Fell" a hundred thousand times and i have yet to cringe one during the course of the song.
That proves what exactly? I never liked that song, and I always skip it on my iPod. (Until I got the Across the Universe soundtrack.)

That proves what exactly? I never liked that song, and I always skip it on my iPod. (Until I got the Across the Universe soundtrack.)
In the words of the Dude, "Well, thats just your, like, opinion man."
What you do with your ipod is none of my concern.
[punches him in the face, grabs him and points his gun right at his throat] I never said anything about the FBI. She's my partner, ese. And if anything happens to her, I will find you and I will kill you. I won't think twice. Come here, look in my eyes. [pushes barrel of the gun into his mouth and cocks it] Look at my face. If anything happens to her, I will kill you. This is between you and me, and nobody sees, nobody knows.

Any performer , I don't care if they are in a band or stage performer on broadway or even in a musical movie the vocal chemistry is key to making it great. And yes most of the individual performers in Across the Universe are very vocally talented, but as example "Little Help From My Friends in Across The Universe was awful in my opinion because they had no really vocal chemistry between the performers of the song. Individually the performers would probably be most certainly really good as singer , but when they performed together the song seemed to fall apart.

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
And yes most of the individual performers in Across the Universe are very vocally talented, but as example "Little Help From My Friends in Across The Universe was awful in my opinion because they had no really vocal chemistry between the performers of the song.
I thought that was probably the best song of the film, actually. They also seemed to have a ton of chemistry, vocal or otherwise.

Of course, the greatest version of that song is Joe Cocker. I miss the Wonder Years.

In the words of the Dude, "Well, thats just your, like, opinion man."
Agreed.

In my opinion they may have had chemistry as actors, but as for vocals they seemed to all have there part and it just seemed to be all over the place. That is just my opinion. I didn't totally hate the movie or any of the performance that much, but the movie just didn't seem to flow. It seemed like they tried to have this story and throw in the Beatles Songs wherever they seemed closest to fit and it didn't work for me.

The story line is rather embarrassing too. It is very "let's compile every stereotype about the 60s-70s and put it to The Beatles." The movie could have been so much more powerful with a better storyline. I generally enjoy Taymore's films too. I suppose the effects were good.

I thought it was just Hair with Beatles songs. which i also believe were very poorly represented. I've been a Beatles fan all my life and i did not like this movie. maybe I'm wrong. Thoughts?

I'm glad to find others who didn't like this movie.

I too have been a Beatles fan all my life, and it was a travesty to watch and listen to some of the greatest songs ever written being set to some flimsy cliched plot.

It's ironic that the Beatles held out against having their songs used in commercials, but then a bunch were used in this stupid commercial film.