The Movie Forums 2009 Oscar Chat

Tools    

By the by, I've setup a calendar event for the Oscar Chat, where you can RSVP (Yes/No/Maybe), or get an email reminder about it.

We don't really use the calendar for much, so excuse how relatively unpolished it looks.

You're a Genius all the time
How do you even get to the calender from the main site?

You'll have fun at the wedding, Cheffy. Are you going ALONE or plus one?
I am going with a young lady whom I used to date; but now we're just very good friends. I do feel like I'm going ALONE, though, so thank you again, Mrs. Darcy

i'd really like to and will try to at least drop in and say hi but my current lifestyle keeps me from using the internet for anything but maybe checking my email a couple times fri-night thru mon-morning. i'll be sure to read the entire record of conversation and write in the margins what i would have said and all the witty rejoinders i would have made had i actually been there.

11 days until the Oscar Chat. Just reminding everyone. Please sorta kinda RSVP if you can, just so I have a rough idea of what to expect, and know how many, uh, snacks to put out.

But if you don't, well...we'll probably still let you in.

And don't worry, there'll be more reminders. It'll be incessant.

Well, last year we tried something a little different, and setup a special chat room exclusively for the Oscar telecast.
I really enjoyed it.

So, as you've probably guessed, we'll be doing the same thing again this year.
Can't wait.
Hope to see a lot of you on the big day!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Gotta kick out of reading some of your messages on there guys!! Good stuff!
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Yoda: "Aye, I think you requested Chinatown last year, Holds...and Destiny mentioned Laura, I believe"

Nope. Vice versa. Although I've seen them both, because of him.

Ten pages down. Fifty three to go . . .

I am half agony, half hope.
Well, that was an entertaining read!

Johann von Goethe

Glad you liked it.

Some quick stats: we had just under 6,500 messages, which is an average of about one message every 4 and a half seconds over the 8 hours the chat room was open. Half of those came during the ceremony, where the rate jumps to 3.8 seconds.

We had about a dozen going during the pre-ceremony silliness, and had around 18-20 users online at any given time throughout the ceremony itself, which is about on par with last year.

By my count, 42 different MoFos stopped in at one point or another.

Thanks for participating, everyone! Naturally, if you have any suggestions for next year, toss 'em in here and I'll see about having them possibly implemented next year.